PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

Kathy13
18-05-16, 17:34
hi my name is Kathy and I am 64. I have acute GAD it ruins my life. Recently I retired from work to start my own business. This has increased my anxiety and made my tension worse. Doc gave me propanol 10mg I was too scared to take them. Took my blood pressure today and it was really high!!! I have just taken my first tablet but feel so scared it will harm me!!!! I need diazepam but doc won't give me them!

venusbluejeans
18-05-16, 17:39
Hiya Kathy13 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

44wise
18-05-16, 19:05
Kath, I posted in the other forum. GAD here, 50 and was diagnosed 15 years ago. Also a bit of panic disorder and some MA (ergo my account here!). Tried SSi, yuck, lots of cbt, good, even did hypnosis, too skeptical. Four years ago while living in another country had an executive medical....dr gave me prop, the rest is as per my other post. It was a game changer. Wish I found it 15 years earlier. Let me know how t goes for you. Have fun with the new business!

labhaoise
22-05-16, 18:05
hi there,
dont go near diazepam. stay well clear. im going through the horrors of withdrawel. the other tab is just a small dose. i was on 80mg a day. it helps with physical symptons of anxiety.