PDA

View Full Version : New member

Vick1
18-05-16, 18:30
Hello
I suffer from GAD and have done for about 15 years on and off. I have always been on venlafaxine and at my worst took 225mg. During the last year I have gradually reduced my dose to 37.5mg but unfortunately about 6 weeks ago all my symptoms returned and my dose has been slowly increased again. Three days ago my doctor increased my venlafaxine from 150mg to 225mg and today I have had a very strange head and increased anxiety. I am hoping this is just a temporary side effect. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

venusbluejeans
18-05-16, 18:36
Hiya Vick1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Dan Wales
18-05-16, 20:12
Hi Vick1 welcome to no more panic

Simon1986
19-05-16, 20:36
Hello Vick1
I do not take this medication but I have taken Sertraline and Buspirone at a high dose for around 10 years now. I too made a reduction and had to increase again soon afterwards and I experienced the same symptoms that you described. I am sure that it will pass for you soon because your body will just be trying to adjust to it :)