PDA

View Full Version : Constant anxiety.

BikerMatt
18-05-16, 21:27
I'm having such a hard time I'm at the end of my tether.

My anxiety is constant at the moment the physical symptoms are horrendous.

I just can't seem to get over it and I'm so desperate too.
I've tried CBT twice I'm currently taking meds. I understand we're all in the same boat but any words or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

23fish
18-05-16, 21:42
What meds are you on, Matt, and for how long?
It will get better x

BikerMatt
18-05-16, 21:49
What meds are you on, Matt, and for how long?
It will get better x
Hi 23fish,

Seroxat 10mg for 10 years have cut down from 20mg in the last 10 months.
Mirtazapine 30mg for 2 years.
Propranolol 80mg xr for 10 months.

Superworrier
18-05-16, 23:32
Be yourself Matt x

Give yourself a break your a good guy :D

Mugs
19-05-16, 02:22
Hi
I'm sorry for your pain. I'm exactly the same right now and can't find any relief.
Sleep is poor and this does not help.
You are not alone even though I am many miles away.
Keep reaching out, I've been asking the same questions but it seems there are no answers, simple or otherwise.
Please take care.
Mugs

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Hi again
I've been trying to play the games on this site as a bit of a distraction, helps a bit sometimes.
Mugs

BikerMatt
19-05-16, 02:38
Hi
I'm sorry for your pain. I'm exactly the same right now and can't find any relief.
Sleep is poor and this does not help.
You are not alone even though I am many miles away.
Keep reaching out, I've been asking the same questions but it seems there are no answers, simple or otherwise.
Please take care.
Mugs

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

Hi again
I've been trying to play the games on this site as a bit of a distraction, helps a bit sometimes.
Mugs

Hey Mugs,
Thanks for replying:D that's so strange I was going to reply to one of your threads tonight:D the one about staying up late. I'm exactly the same only getting some light relief in the early hours then end up staying up to late. Yep I understand not being able to sleep it's horrid isn't it?

---------- Post added at 02:38 ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 ----------

Be yourself Matt x

Give yourself a break your a good guy :D

I did take my little one to mcDonald's and to see the rabbits in pets at home today. I felt sick and shaky the whole time but determined to spend time out and about with him everyday:D
x

Mugs
19-05-16, 02:42
It's the worst, I just feel like I want to crawl right out if my skin, can't get comfortable.
It's torture for sure and don't know anybody to talk to who has been through it.
Mugs

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

I'm glad you were able to get out today.
I took my little grandaughter out for new shoes today, tried to relax but I felt sick too.
I've read that you just have to carry on like you feel fine, this is very hard to do.

BikerMatt
19-05-16, 02:46
It's the worst, I just feel like I want to crawl right out if my skin, can't get comfortable.
It's torture for sure and don't know anybody to talk to who has been through it.
Mugs

We're all here Mugs keep posting. I've been through how we both are at the moment many times before I can assure you it will pass. It's just stopping the relapses:doh::doh::doh:

Mugs
19-05-16, 02:52
Thank-you.
I've been trying to deal with my anxiety for the last couple of years, nothing seems to help, and can't take benzodiazapines anymore.
I guess I'm just finally worn out.
Thanks again.

MyNameIsTerry
19-05-16, 09:38
Sorry to hear you are struggling, Matt. Try not to berate yourself or put to much pressure on yourself right now, it will be hard enough getting through the day as it is. Take it hour by hour and distract yourself, if you can.

I bet your kid loved Pets At Home. Plenty of interesting cute fluffies in there and some scaly ones too.

It's very hard to keep going like this but having something or someone will make the difference. The same to you Mugs, relaxing is a hard skill to relearn and one I still struggle with a fair bit trying for years. But it is important to keep going like you say and even if you can't accept it and just be in the moment, you are still trying and not letting it win.

ankietyjoe
19-05-16, 13:02
Have you ever tried meditation?

pulisa
19-05-16, 13:29
I have been struggling for months like this and I really feel for you, Matt and Mugs. It is very hard to keep on going as normal but it's the only way. Try and pace yourselves and don't get overwhelmed by taking on too much. There's no real answer to this relentless anxiety but the more you react to the feelings the worse it will feel.

BikerMatt
19-05-16, 22:26
Sorry to hear you are struggling, Matt. Try not to berate yourself or put to much pressure on yourself right now, it will be hard enough getting through the day as it is. Take it hour by hour and distract yourself, if you can.

I bet your kid loved Pets At Home. Plenty of interesting cute fluffies in there and some scaly ones too.

It's very hard to keep going like this but having something or someone will make the difference. The same to you Mugs, relaxing is a hard skill to relearn and one I still struggle with a fair bit trying for years. But it is important to keep going like you say and even if you can't accept it and just be in the moment, you are still trying and not letting it win.

Thanks Terry, Yes he loves the pet shop:D we go at least twice a week:D
he's a tonic for me:D it's hard when your hearts thumping and all the other physical symptoms but you've got to carry on!

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:20 ----------

Have you ever tried meditation?

Thanks for your reply:D I haven't because I've got the concentration span of a goldfish :doh::doh::doh:

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

I have been struggling for months like this and I really feel for you, Matt and Mugs. It is very hard to keep on going as normal but it's the only way. Try and pace yourselves and don't get overwhelmed by taking on too much. There's no real answer to this relentless anxiety but the more you react to the feelings the worse it will feel.

Thanks Pulisa, hope you get back on steadier ground soon:D

Mugs
20-05-16, 07:24
Thanks Pulisa, take care.

ankietyjoe
20-05-16, 23:07
Thanks for your reply:D I haven't because I've got the concentration span of a goldfish :doh::doh::doh:

It's not really about concentration at all. It's a fairly abstract state of mind but one that's worth trying in my experience. It was the magic bullet for my anxiety.

There are lots of resources on Youtube that will allow you to start with guided meditations that help the 'focus' (although focus is still the wrong word!). They're like choosing pizza toppings though, some you'll like and some you won't, just find the right one for you.

TRISTAN
21-05-16, 16:22
The constant anxiety is the worst ever , from the moment I wake till the time I go to bed , take loads of different meds but nothing seems to calm the beast

Keep looking for that light Matt , and when you find it let us all know where it was X X

Dava
21-05-16, 16:41
Hi Matt I totally understand what you are feeling and I hope you find a way through this soon (and everyone else on here that's also struggling).

I'm constantly feeling anxious, mainly due to work pressures, and the physical symptoms seem to be getting worse. I'm just trying to get through it by trying to eat well and get out and about (although sometimes I can't eat at all!!). It will do you good getting out with your little one though.

Easier said than done, but be kind to yourself and hopefully you will feel better soon.:)

TRISTAN
21-05-16, 16:47
My biggest problem is eating and can go for days without food , I know this doesn't help but just don't feel hungry

Dava
21-05-16, 16:56
Yes me too Tristan, but it doesn't do you any good!:)

TRISTAN
21-05-16, 17:24
I smoke to much too and that's no good either ,

One day we will all be posting in success story's

Tardisbrain
23-05-16, 15:50
Hi all, sorry I'm a little confused where I should write, I don't want to take over someone else's thread. I wrote my own but I'm not getting any replies but still early. Your thread sounds like me and right now I'm so scared and feel hopeless. My anxiety symptoms are constant, everyday is like torture. Could I ask what symptoms you are suffering?

gonzosattic
24-05-16, 23:54
It's not forever guys

I was there myself, feeling varying degrees of anxiety throughout the whole day.
The idea that I would ever feel normal again was as strange and far away as the next galaxy. I'm far from cured but it never feels as desperate as it did then.
Indulging in things that I enjoy and that relaxed me became my only escape and even then I sometimes struggled.
First thing I did was get healthy routines in place, I have always been a night-owl but no more.. for weeks I would lay in bed from 9pm with the lights out trying to force myself to sleep at a reasonable time. Was hell for the first few weeks but it became easier and my anxiety improved, if your mind and body are rested then that's the first line of defence against anxiety.
Improving your sleep hygiene is really important then look at any other areas of your life where improvement may help you feel better and stronger.

BikerMatt
25-05-16, 00:27
The constant anxiety is the worst ever , from the moment I wake till the time I go to bed , take loads of different meds but nothing seems to calm the beast

Keep looking for that light Matt , and when you find it let us all know where it was X X

Thanks Tristan for the reply, sorry to read your having a hard time also. It's certainly a beast.

When I find the light I will certainly point you in the right direction:shades:

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 00:07 ----------

Hi Matt I totally understand what you are feeling and I hope you find a way through this soon (and everyone else on here that's also struggling).

I'm constantly feeling anxious, mainly due to work pressures, and the physical symptoms seem to be getting worse. I'm just trying to get through it by trying to eat well and get out and about (although sometimes I can't eat at all!!). It will do you good getting out with your little one though.

Easier said than done, but be kind to yourself and hopefully you will feel better soon.:)

Cheers Dava for taking the time to reply.

We will all beat this!

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Hi all, sorry I'm a little confused where I should write, I don't want to take over someone else's thread. I wrote my own but I'm not getting any replies but still early. Your thread sounds like me and right now I'm so scared and feel hopeless. My anxiety symptoms are constant, everyday is like torture. Could I ask what symptoms you are suffering?

Hope your getting some relief Tardisbrain.
My physical symptoms are;
Thumping fast heart
Churning stomach
Tingling fingers
Nausea
Heavy feeling legs

You?

---------- Post added at 00:27 ---------- Previous post was at 00:18 ----------

It's not forever guys

I was there myself, feeling varying degrees of anxiety throughout the whole day.
The idea that I would ever feel normal again was as strange and far away as the next galaxy. I'm far from cured but it never feels as desperate as it did then.
Indulging in things that I enjoy and that relaxed me became my only escape and even then I sometimes struggled.
First thing I did was get healthy routines in place, I have always been a night-owl but no more.. for weeks I would lay in bed from 9pm with the lights out trying to force myself to sleep at a reasonable time. Was hell for the first few weeks but it became easier and my anxiety improved, if your mind and body are rested then that's the first line of defence against anxiety.
Improving your sleep hygiene is really important then look at any other areas of your life where improvement may help you feel better and stronger.

Thanks for taking time to reply. I've got to sort my sleep pattern I'm not getting to sleep until the time I was going out to work:doh::doh: