PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio!

OhioMom65
18-05-16, 22:05
My name is Lisa. I am 50 (August 11), married with three kids: one adult son (age 28) and two daughers, ages 9 and 11.

I have a severe, severe health anxiety. I am so ashamed by it. I am hoping to find help/guidance here, as well as a good dose of common sense.

I hope to be a help to some of you, as well.

venusbluejeans
18-05-16, 22:10
Hiya OhioMom65 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Noivous
18-05-16, 22:20
Hi Ohiomom - Welcome. Believe me you are among friends. Educate yourself. Ask lots of questions. Just wondering - how long have you been suffering with HA?

N.

OhioMom65
19-05-16, 13:11
Since the age of 9 or 10, when I was taking a group of younger relatives to a movie at the mall (hey, it was the 70s, we did that back then!). I had shortness of breath, and then a panic attack walking to the theater. Of course, I didn't know at the time what it was, but flagged down a policeman, and told him I was dizzy and couldn't breathe. They gave me a paper bag to blow into. Anyway, that started a lifelong awareness of my body sensations, symptoms, and a fear of having every disease under the sun at one time or another. My dad, who had always been the epitome of health dying when I was 15 did not help.

Thank you for asking. Have a good day!

Lisa

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 ----------

Hiya OhioMom65 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thank you for the kind welcome, Venus! I will check out those articles! I hope to make many friends here!

HalfJack
19-05-16, 14:45
Hello! Nice to meet you.
There is a success stories topic which can make for great reading too :)
Hope you find everything you need here. Glad to have you aboard!

OhioMom65
19-05-16, 15:41
Thank you, that is so kind of you! Thanks for the tip about the success stories board! Heading there now!