PDA

View Full Version : Chlorpromazine twitching

csss
19-05-16, 00:44
I've started treatment for OCD and Bipolar Disorder. My doctor, at first, prescribed me 25mg of Clomipramine and 25mg of Chlorpromazine. Everything was fine and I was actually feeling a positive change after 3 weeks on medication - and then, my face started having uncontrolable movements. It was nothing serious, but very uncomfortable, so I went to the e.r. and talked with a doctor, he said it was a side effect of Chlorpromazine and that I should stop taking it for antipsycotic have severe long-term movement issues; so I did. But the twityching didn't stopped. It has been 2 week now that my head and face muscles have spasms which I can't control.
I've been to my doctor and she agreed on stopping Chlorpromazine. Plus, she prescribed me Fluxotenie and Valproate Acid, and Clonazepam because sometimes I have severe panic attacks.
As she said, by now the movements should've stopped, but they didn't and I'm very worried. Any thoughts on what can it be? Does Clomipramine also cause face twitch?