PDA

View Full Version : Please help no one taking me seriously

Ceri78
19-05-16, 16:30
I'm freaking right out at the moment crying and shaking as I type! I've noticed yellow around my iris in both eyes and all around under lids I'm absolutely petrified I've got something wrong with my liver.Its more noticeable with the light on my phone but can be seen without.I had bloods,fbc,kidneys and liver function done 2 weeks ago all normal,I saw my gp yesterday and he didn't seem bothered just said I've recently had bloods taken and not to worry.....but it's on my mind constantly I feel sick no appetite at all.Why are they yellow if my bloods are normal? Should I go back and request more bloods? Honestly I feel like I live in the surgery lately!!! Can't stop looking in the mirror at my eyes and when I do I start panicking and crying.
I've now booked an eye test for Saturday I'm that frightened:weep:please help me I'm a nervous wreck xx

tiredofthis14
19-05-16, 16:41
breathe hun deep...
im in same place as you at the moment panic wise so feel a bit of a hypocrit
i think when you have something wrong with your liver itd be pretty prominant
is there any particular reason your worried about your liver
i know how hard it is to try and think clearly but try to take some relief in the face the tests came back clear and your doctor wasnt worried hugs xx

Ceri78
19-05-16, 17:01
Stupid idiot me goes to doctor Google which says eyes should be white and any yellow signals jaundice! I've spent most of the afternoon looking at old photos of myself to see if I had it back then but can't tell:blush: it's horrible my mind just won't trust the doctors all my mind is doing is checking the mirror seeing yellow and freaking out!.... Do you think the bloods 2 weeks ago are good to go and I should try to relax or should I request more! If my anxiety had its way I would be having regular bloods taken every blinking week! Xx

Gary A
19-05-16, 17:17
Stupid idiot me goes to doctor Google which says eyes should be white and any yellow signals jaundice! I've spent most of the afternoon looking at old photos of myself to see if I had it back then but can't tell:blush: it's horrible my mind just won't trust the doctors all my mind is doing is checking the mirror seeing yellow and freaking out!.... Do you think the bloods 2 weeks ago are good to go and I should try to relax or should I request more! If my anxiety had its way I would be having regular bloods taken every blinking week! Xx

Blood screenings always include liver function tests. If your tests were normal, you have no liver disease.

Yellowing under the eyes can be caused by jaundice, but it can also be caused by several other things, even simple things like natural ageing of the skin.

Pigeon
19-05-16, 17:20
Ceri I replied to your other post. You must stop looking at your eyes. And you musn't google. And you musn't take so literallly what you already Googled. That's the problem with Google - it only states basic facts and is not geared up to asses the full situation about you as an individual. It's a bit "Computer says no" if you can understand my meaning? In other words, simplistic and robotic and not in any way comparable with the skills and years of experience your GP has. And remember, he is taking you seriously (he ordered the blood tests) and he isn't worried at all. That's his professional opinion and I believe him even if you don't.

If you had problems with your liver, your eyes would be VERY yellow. And so would your skin. It would be really obvious. There is no reason to believe your liver is a problem. You had the blood tests and they came back clear. This wouldn't have happened if your liver wasn't functioning properly.

I think a bit of yellow in the whites of your eyes is quite normal. i even noticed it in my own when I had a liver obsession (only a few weeks ago!).

It's obvious to me that you are making yourself feel ill - no appitite and feeling sick - and you have been through enough already.

Relax, trust your doctor and all will be well - I promise xxx