PDA

View Full Version : Just started Venlafaxine

berry
19-05-16, 20:36
Hi Everyone,

I have just started Venlafaxine, seem ok so far....ish, but I cannot and I mean cannot stop yawning, it starts about 10 am and I just dont stop till I go to bed, another thing is I cant stop sweating it actually runs down my neck and face, it is really awful, has anyone else experienced this and what advice you can do to ease it:mad::mad:

23fish
19-05-16, 20:48
What dose are you on and how long have you been taking it? I have a prescription ready to start (37.5mg twice a day) and am waiting until the school holidays before I start, in the hopes that I can get through any side effects while I'm not at work x

berry
20-05-16, 07:08
Hi, I am on 37.5mg twice a day, and next week I start 37.5mg two twice a day I have only been on them for two weeks, but I am worried about increasing my dose in case these symptoms get worse.
I forgot to mention I also get a terrible dry mouth just woke up this morning and I neally choked as I could not swollow, so with the sweats the yawing and dry mouth, its happy days!!!!!!:mad:I have just had my shower and sitting her doing this and the sweat is dripping from me.....help......otherwise I am fine:)

MyNameIsTerry
20-05-16, 08:40
Some of the other Ven users on here have said that Ven XR gives them less side effects. This is very likely because it has a much longer half life than Ven standard.

Be careful on this med in that you want to stick to the routines you take it at and not miss a dose. The very short half life can mean you go into a withdrawal very quickly (the same day) and Ven XR gets around this by making it more like the many other SSRI/SNRI's with a once a day dose because it is a timed release version. It's more expensive though, hence doctors may not mention it.

berry
21-05-16, 13:28
Thank you for your help, I will mention the slow release tablets next time i go to the doctors.
I got up this morning at 7pm and the tiredness just now is unbelieveble, I feel exhausted, is this normal?

berry
29-06-16, 09:00
Hi everyone my doctor has increased my dosage of Venafaxine first it was 2 37.5mg in the morning and same again in the evening, then told me to take 3 in the morning and 3 in the evening.
Now she has increased it again to one tablet a day at 300mg
Has anyone else been on this dosage it seems really high to me
any advice please.:)

Tims
30-06-16, 20:18
Hi berry
I think 300mg is about as high as you can go on Ven, but it does start to effect dopamine at that dose, so should increase energy levels.

berry
04-07-16, 21:00
Thank you Tims, scared to go on such a high dosage

Tims
05-07-16, 17:25
Hey Berry, well you're making a gradual increase, if you're ok at around 225mg then you shouldn't have too many probs at 300mg. You can always go back down, there's no perfect dose, good luck.

berry
24-07-16, 22:17
Thank you for the advice Tims

shotokansho
24-07-16, 22:53
Hey I've been on ven for about 6 weeks I'm on 150. I had terrible sweats at the beginning but gradually it went away on its own. I'm still suffering with anxiety and depression. I think I would also be terrified of 300mg so I'm hoping I'll settle on 150 and not need to have it raised.
Hope it works out for you.

wilko
26-07-16, 23:24
I take 75mg once daily and I am constantly knackered. I didn't realise this could be the venlafaxine? Im tempted to go up another level but have now become worried I'll be constantly half asleep.