PDA

View Full Version : Triggered by Facebook

Nicholebear
20-05-16, 00:16
**Trigger warning** don't continue if you have intense fear of stroke

This story popped up on my Facebook and just sent me into a fit

http://kfor.com/2016/05/19/i-thought-it-was-a-headache-woman-in-her-20s-suffers-stroke-shares-remarkable-recovery/

The way she talks about the tense feeling she had at the base of her skull is similar to what inexperienced in a crowd at a NBA basketball game.

My head felt spaced out and there was a cold, tense feeling on the right side where my neck and base of my skull meet. It stopped once I got to my seat and sipped on some Sprite, but came back when I had to face the crowd again at halftime.

That was a week ago today so clearly I didn't have a stroke but the fear of it happening stands. What if I actually do have a stoke and dismiss it as another symptom of anxiety?

All I'm looking for here is if someone else has had this same symptom for their anxiety. The weird spacey head feeling and the cold, odd tension in that specific spot.

I've also in the past felt odd cold sensations happen randomly that run down that side of my neck, like the blood running though an artery there is cold or something

That side of my neck is also where I had a ceaseless neck cramp during my worst anxiety/depression phase. But it alleviated once I addressed and corrected the problem that was causing my anxiety and depression.

Also have had a twitchy upper right eyelid the past three days. Have had this before so not concerned but thought it was worth mentioning.

HalfJack
20-05-16, 01:17
I've been rushed to hospital before because a nurse thought I'd had a stroke (the left side of my face went numb and I got really bad chest pains) and I was fine, all my tests came back saying I was essentially the figure of health. In the end they put it down to anxiety!

I've had a twitchy left eyelid the last few days, I've been trying not to think about it. But I know that, that just happens to me sometimes, the twitching muscles. Lasts a while and then goes away. I've got an exam coming up so it might be that that's kicked it off.

Noivous
20-05-16, 01:55
Hi Nicolebear - Everything you mentioned are classic anxiety symptoms. In fact I've had everyone of them at one time or another. As have many other people. But to put your mind at ease why don't you just go to the doctors? Just for reassurance. But you are fine believe me.

N.

Nicholebear
20-05-16, 02:47
Hi Nicolebear - Everything you mentioned are classic anxiety symptoms. In fact I've had everyone of them at one time or another. As have many other people. But to put your mind at ease why don't you just go to the doctors? Just for reassurance. But you are fine believe me.

N.

I don't go the doctor unless it is necessary as I'm a Native American and it's not worth it to sit as a clinic for five hours to have the doctor tell me I'm fine but stressed out.

Not to mention I get white coat syndrome and my blood pressure skyrockets every time I have it taken. So that's added stress I don't need to put myself through

I have a yearly women's checkup and have been to the doctor a few times in the last couple of years, had blood tests done that all came back normal, had a doctor listen to my heart and breathing. All fine.

Lol in hindsight this post was silly, but this story really upset me. Usually I'm pretty good at filtering this junk out lol

Noivous
20-05-16, 03:06
Well you sound pretty good now. Keep that sense of humor. It's important in the world of anxiety:)

N.