PDA

View Full Version : Success?? It Can Be Done In Time!!

snowman
03-10-04, 21:35
Hi

I found this site back in June when I had reached rock bottom once again and couldnt see a way out of the dark hole that is depression sometimes. My anxiety, panic attacks, aggrophobia and clostrophobia were at an all time high and day by day reading topics on this site made me realise that success is an option when all around you are despairing and not really understanding it. My partner left me at the same time, as they really didn't get it and decided to let me sort it out myself......however my family and close friends were better and accepted my issues.

Cipralex followed along with counselling and now hypnotherapy. The combination must be working as I now have a life again. I feel like I'm about 80% as to where I want to be and having suffered on and off for 16 years or so learning to understand it is half the problem.

Don't let things build up inside.....discuss things and realise that a lot of the time the feelings come when you feel you have let others down., when half the time the problem is with them and not you! Sure medication does help but it is not an instant fix or long term solutuion but it does help to heal the initial wound and hold things together so any one not sure that it is working after only a few days stick with it!!

Sure I have better days than others, but regular visits to the gym and a healthy eating regime (little and often too) is all contributing to a much fuller life. Ive totally cut out Dairy too which I have a noticeable improvement with my IBS...another one of my panic triggers!!

I enjoy reading about other peoples successes no matter how little it may seem to them at the time. I hope my thoughts are enough to make newcomers and exisiting sufferers realise that time can be a great healer with the right approach.

Just don't let Mr Panic rule ur life. Learn to live with it in a different manner and you might just find he gets bored and doesnt visit so often. Like an unwanted friend.....he'll soon hopefully take the hint and stay out of your life.

Thinking of you all.

S

nomorepanic
03-10-04, 21:48
Hi Snowman

So pleased to hear that you are doing so well and sounding so positive.

Great news all round.

It sounds like you have found a happy medium of medication and then the counselling and now hypnotherapy.

Thanks for posting to let us know how you are doing and what has worked for you.

A happy ending to a weekend.

Nicola

Meg
03-10-04, 21:50
Hi Snowman

What a wonderful post .

I'm so glad you found help and some support you needed here and that it made a difference to you but mostly to you -many many congratulations for making those internal changes and figuring out where the responsibility for your recovery lay.

Your message is an inspirational one and shows that hard work to get over this - despite after many years of suffering can still turn life around for the better in a few short months .

Well done

Meg

seh1980
03-10-04, 21:57
hi snowman,

[Wow!] what an inspirational post!!

You seem to be coping so well - you should be very proud of yourself!!

i am on cipralex as well and it is helping me loads - I am slowly getting my life back. I also see a counsellor.

Hope everything works out for you!!

Sarah :D

jill
03-10-04, 22:45
Hi Snowman:D

Welcome to the success stories.[Wow!]what a post.You are doing
so well, I'm here to and does'nt it feel great:)
You have shown other sufferers that there is light at the end of the tunnel, with alot of hard work support and time they to will see the
light.

Well done you have worked so hard.

LOVE JILL:D:D

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door:D:D:D

Karen
03-10-04, 23:05
Hi Snowman

Well done on all your hard work to get where you are now - such an inspirational post.

Briary

sal
03-10-04, 23:47
Hi Snowman

Well done you and thank you for another postive post, had a few recently and it is what we all need to read.

Hope it carries on getting better and you can share it with us.

Love Sal xxxxx

snowman
04-10-04, 22:54
Thanks for all your words of support guys.

As I said in my original mail, it's good to know there are others out there that understand and pass on any useful hints.

Repeating mine......cut off caffeine (I havent drunk coffee in years but now realise that tea isnt much better) those VK blue type drinks dont help when you are out....they just heighten your anxiety, regular eating small but often(keep those sugar levels steady so dizziness doesnt bring on another attack)..........and regular excercise to burn off that excess stress! All simple steps but they do help on the physical side. The mental and psychological issues just take time to understand and deal with as and when.

Keep on posting guys. This site is the best!

:D

S

sal
04-10-04, 23:55
Great advice mate.

Well done and thanks.

Love Sal xxxxx