PDA

View Full Version : One more question, and I'm going on holiday today

Lockey1995
20-05-16, 08:26
Hey,

I just had one more question im now heading to work Woke up this morning again in panic I was thinking about work I hate it on a Friday morning. Anyway went as usual but again did those little s shaped ones thin and some bigger like rocks. It still felt like there was going to be something big coming out but it didn't :(. I also have that upper abdominal bloody discomfort again.

Do you think it's because I'm stressed and can't relax my muscles enough to go is that even possible as im tense?

I'm also off to snowden today till Monday I hope it gets better and disappears.

If you could answer me that would be greatly appreciated, thanks all for the support you have given :)

MyNameIsTerry
20-05-16, 08:35
It's possible to be too tense to go, unless you really need to go. The same with urinating. Sometimes it can be hard to wee and takes a few attempts squeezing tiny drops out until the floodgates open.

Adrenaline can do that to you.

What you need to learn to be ok with is doing enough means you won't need to go again. And sometimes even when you have done a lot, you can feel sensation there that feels like you still need to go but that is often because you have done a lot already from my experience. :blush:

Lockey1995
20-05-16, 11:57
Oh ok, so I guess this is all anxiety then after all it feels weird though going and it feels like there's bigger coming out but only small bits come out.

MyNameIsTerry
20-05-16, 12:09
It's likely. Anxiety causes loads of issues in with the GI side. Many anxiety sufferers also suffer from IBS or have bouts of it from time to time. It could be something like that but there are much more knowledgeable people on here about things like IBS that can help to understand that.

It sticks out a mile on all your recent threads that I have seen that you are very focussed on this area of your body. It's common in anxiety to worry about going the toilet whether it's forcing ourselves "just in case" so we don't get caught short when out or preventing ourselves feeling the need if we have a trigger to the other side with people afraid of even going or worrying about what they see. And like a few of us have said, what you have been describing has been something us have been through too.

debs71
20-05-16, 14:19
Constipation. Sounds just like it.

Anxiety will play a big part in how your bowels work, or rather don't work. Drinking more water will help a lot, especially as you describe the 'rock' type poos. This is hardened stool that is a struggle to release because it isn't softened enough.

Nothing you describe sounds worrying or unusual to me. I suffer from IBS and have had it all - super soft poo, large, small, pebbles, rocks, straining and nothing, you name it. It could also be that you may have IBS - thin type stools can be due to bowel spasms.

This is anxiety for you.

Lockey1995
20-05-16, 16:49
Yeah I just got back from work went again I can't describe how it feels it's not really hard or soft but I had to strain a little to get 2 softish torpedo sized ones out. It feels like I have to work to get it out which is annoying and im still anxious going and during a bm as I don't know what's going to happen.

Also what is meant by loose stool? Diahrrhea? And watery? Or just softer.

And what is meant by a change in bowel habit as its slightly vague is mine a change in bowel habit?

KatiePink
20-05-16, 16:55
Yeah I just got back from work went again I can't describe how it feels it's not really hard or soft but I had to strain a little to get 2 softish torpedo sized ones out. It feels like I have to work to get it out which is annoying and im still anxious going and during a bm as I don't know what's going to happen.

And what is meant by a change in bowel habit as its slightly vague is mine a change in bowel habit?

I've had the exact same thing which lasted quite a long time, having to work to get not much out, almost as if you were passing a large one and then you're like.. what the ... is that? How could that make so much fuss? LOL.
It can be hemorrhoids causing that or simply your fear anx anxiety of this, really really i have experienced the stuff you say basically to the letter. You will forever be monitoring your bowel habits unless you try very hard to break the cycle x

Fishmanpa
20-05-16, 17:18
Oh ok, so I guess this is all anxiety....

Absolutely!

Positive thoughts and poo threads :winks:

debs71
20-05-16, 17:36

- Any of them. Easy to pass....often too easy. Watery, messy and soft, etc.

- That would depend what you deem to be your norm. When would you NOT be worried about your poos?? What is pretty average for you? Change is going from one thing to the other - loose to hard to pass, hard to pass to loose...etc...etc.

I think that you are analysing your stools too much, and this will not be helping your bowel movements to settle, as anxiety will just make your bowels go haywire. Try to not look in the bowl every time you have a poo. It is just a habit that really needs breaking.:shrug:

Fishmanpa
20-05-16, 17:43
Try to not look in the bowl every time you have a poo. It is just a habit that really needs breaking.:shrug:

Exactly! Reach around and flush before you get up. Heck, when I've had an especially long sit on the loo, I've done a "courtesy flush" just to empty the bowl before finishing ~lol~

And when you think about it, there are far more pleasant things to do than analyzing and examining your poo.

Positive thoughts

Lockey1995
21-05-16, 12:17
Yeah I think that's what I need to do, I also sort of anticipate going need to stop that and wait for the strong urge. There's been no blood or anything but when I was looking it's like it has ripples on it. Anyway next time I won't look and just flush it.

But I thought I had a mass or some thing I never l knew anxiety can make it feel like that.

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-16, 12:28
Could be roids but they change all the time anyway depending on our diet and many other things.

If it's sore when you go, itches, etc then roids are likely.

23fish
21-05-16, 18:20
I thought I was the only one who did a courtesy flush! That did make me smile Fishmanpa!

Lockey1995
21-05-16, 19:30
Yeah I think I may have cleared it did a big one feels more empty now with a little left in there had the same feeling before ages ago so I'm hoping were back in familiar territory now lol. And it will go back to normal tommorow.

Josh1234
21-05-16, 20:32
What type of therapy/meds are you treating your anxiety with?