PDA

View Full Version : Aching for days all over including calf and rib

stars22
20-05-16, 09:43
I give birth 4 weeks tommorow I was given fragmin for a week stockings for two weeks and never had to do any of that before but it is my third baby so apparently I needed too this scared me put clot into my head straight away
Well For around a week I started getting horrible pains in my ankles and feet I thought it was just been tiered ect well them i felt the pain in my fingers again I thought feeding baby ect will be causing it them since about 4 days I've had the aches in my calf when I walk or sit or anything the ache is in my groin area too can feel aches in my ribs I'm scared I may have loads of blood clots now I'm really worried I'm a active person but after giving birth I had extreme dizziness so I sat down for two weeks rarely wanting to stand if I did it was only for a few minutes at a time ...
I got told I have anemia so my out of breathless I put down to that but now I'm living in fear as I've been to doctors about 5 different things since giving birth I'm scared to go about this too because they may stop listening to me especially after been so many times and actually been listened to for once ...
I have no swelling I have really skinny legs so you would be able to tell if I had swelled I have no heat or red patch but I know this isn't always the case ! I'm so scared I know so many people just start gasping with no other symtoms then shortly die and I can't get my head off blood clot I had my bloods done last week for anemia ect and it also said blood clotting count or something is this checking for a blood clot or something else I'm beside myself what to do .

Ceri78
20-05-16, 21:08
First congratulations!! I've kinda recently given birth myself and like you wore the lovely stockings and had a week of fragmin I also was freaked about dvt and kept walking round and round to keep mobile:blush:which is hard after you've been cut open hip to hip! I know what you mean about regular gp visits I'm a weekly member at the moment! Just keep an eye on it dvt does generally get worse pretty rapid and the pain would make you dial 999 no mistake(so I've been told) I'm sure your fine Hun just relax and enjoy your new little bundle:)I've lots of health issues myself and it's really hard to deal with especially with children I just want to get back to myself and glad to find this forum as you feel your not alone,so try not to worry and the bloods you had are looking at platlets which your bone marrow releases to help clot blood,I had mine checked at 3 wks postpartum they were still raised so had them repeated at 5wks all back to normal...just takes time for your body to get back to normal after childbirth.takecare:hugs: