PDA

View Full Version : 9 days straight not smoking

gregcool
20-05-16, 21:17
Hey guys.just thought i would share.
Iv been smoking 35 years 25 a day rollups..9 days ago i decided to stop and go onto vaping..iv never tried it before .i tried to give up smoking last year but after 3 days i was climbing the walls with very high anxiety and very deap depression...so this time i thought o would try vaping..i went to the doctors three months ago and blew into there Carbon monoxide meter.it only goes upto 20 on the chart.i blew 26..which i was told that is very high risk and dangerous.so i thought to myself,i need to quite smoking.but how will i do this because i love smoking and everything about it..when i have a drink,when i sit in town,when i sosialize etc...so went into this vape shop and after talking to the guy in there,and trying out some kits,i came home with one..i have to say i learned there are 4,000 dangerious things in a cigerette and only 50 ingrediants in vape..so i went for it..iv allways found everytime i have a normal smoke,my anxiety would spike causing all sorts of bad shit in my head..so i come home and set it up..so i started vaping for the first time ever,and iv got to say,it was better than smoking,far better..nicer flavour good throat hit etc...and less nicotine than a rollup..now 9 days straight have gone by without a smoke..i cant believe how great this thing is..my disire for a cigerett has completly gone after 2 days on the vape...dont even want one and hate the smell..well its been 9 days now and went back to the doctors for another blow in that thing and check up..i blew only 4 % Carbon monoxide...it comes up in the none smoking bracket in just 9 days..cant believe it...im converted for good now..when i see anyone smoking,o never get a withdraw and disire to want ine.completly gone....im on a low dose of nicotine and will come down slowly..but im not taking in burning tobaco and tar and all the other crap that is in cigeretts... my anxiety has reduced and i dont get the anxiety after vaping that i did after smoking...this is it for me now.no more smoking ever again..its gone from my mind after decades of smoking like a train...no more smelling if it no mor yellow fingers or hurting gums etc..all gone...best thing i could ever do and have found it soooooo easy.cant believe 9 whole days without a smoke with NO withdraw at all..its been a walk in the park...so proud

23fish
20-05-16, 22:55
That's brilliant! Hope it saves you money too, so you can treat yourself
x

gregcool
20-05-16, 23:10
That's brilliant! Hope it saves you money too, so you can treat yourself
x

Thankyou.and after many years of not being able to sing anymore.my voice has returned .cant believe that.smoking must have been causing me throat problens.i can now sing a song all the way through no problems

AndyB510
20-05-16, 23:30
Hi Greg

Monday marks a whole 12 months for me on the vaping after around 40 years of heavy smoking, latterly getting through 2 to 3 50g pouches of Drum in a week.

I too didnt believe it was possible, started on standard ecigs, soon moved to something more powerful and eventually moved up again to a box mod and subtank. Yes I still probably smoke it more than I should but the subohm coils have made me reduce the nicotine from 18-24mg down to 6mg and from what the recent report commissioned by the health authority stated, youre not getting any of the tar and other chemicals etc. They suggested a figure of 90% safer than normal cigs and baccy so thats gotta be good.

Keep it up and well done!! :)

gregcool
21-05-16, 09:24
Hi Greg

Monday marks a whole 12 months for me on the vaping after around 40 years of heavy smoking, latterly getting through 2 to 3 50g pouches of Drum in a week.

I too didnt believe it was possible, started on standard ecigs, soon moved to something more powerful and eventually moved up again to a box mod and subtank. Yes I still probably smoke it more than I should but the subohm coils have made me reduce the nicotine from 18-24mg down to 6mg and from what the recent report commissioned by the health authority stated, youre not getting any of the tar and other chemicals etc. They suggested a figure of 90% safer than normal cigs and baccy so thats gotta be good.

Keep it up and well done!! :)

Well done andy,thats amazing mate good for you on a year on vape and off the baky..jesus you smoked heavy,three packs of 50g a week...i was on 50 g a week for a long time once a week,then over the last year i was on 75 g a week,so was becoming heavy..i went straght onto a sub ohm mod box with a custom tank as my brother is going to show me how to build my own coils today and make my own duce..he says it will cost me pennys to vape this way.i do vape a lot more than i smoked but love it and as you say,its a lot less danger vaping than smoking.im on 12 mg nic in my sigelie 90wat plus mod and plan to drop the nic level slowly over a couple of months.i love the smooth cool hit you get in throat much nicer than smoking gave me..early days for me yet but look forward to reaching a year like you...i dont desire a roll up its completley left my thoughts..feels great to be a none smoker esp as my daughter was worried i will die of smoking..so now iv given myself every chance of living a longer life.

Magic
21-05-16, 13:08
VERRY WELL DONE to both of you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-16, 13:16
I tell you something, I feel like I'm on a recreational drug forum with all this ecig "speak"! :winks: It's all code to me :roflmao:

Well done to you both. Who would have thought something quick & simple could have such a beneficial physical effect...and reduced anxiety too...now that's a Brucie bonus!!!

Magic
21-05-16, 13:24
From the Co-op shops you can get artificial cigs that have a batteries already in . Need no juice. Can charge up on computer or an adapter plug thing.
I am having not much luck at the moment . Just a blip. x

MyNameIsTerry
21-05-16, 13:33
Lets hope that luck changes soon for you, Magic. :hugs::flowers:

HalfJack
21-05-16, 13:53
Well done! Cutting down after such a long time is amazing!
I quit a few years ago too *high five*

Magic
21-05-16, 14:03
Thanks Terry :hugs:x

AndyB510
21-05-16, 16:04
Well done andy,thats amazing mate good for you on a year on vape and off the baky..jesus you smoked heavy,three packs of 50g a week...i was on 50 g a week for a long time once a week,then over the last year i was on 75 g a week,so was becoming heavy..i went straght onto a sub ohm mod box with a custom tank as my brother is going to show me how to build my own coils today and make my own duce..he says it will cost me pennys to vape this way.i do vape a lot more than i smoked but love it and as you say,its a lot less danger vaping than smoking.im on 12 mg nic in my sigelie 90wat plus mod and plan to drop the nic level slowly over a couple of months.i love the smooth cool hit you get in throat much nicer than smoking gave me..early days for me yet but look forward to reaching a year like you...i dont desire a roll up its completley left my thoughts..feels great to be a none smoker esp as my daughter was worried i will die of smoking..so now iv given myself every chance of living a longer life.

Thanks mate

Yeah I did used to batter the cigs, average 2 50g a week going up to 3 if I had time on my hands, madness. Never thought the ecigs would work,had tried patches and all that nonsense before and just smoked on top of them, hopeless...

Sub ohming definitely gives you all you needI think, the cig a likes were okay but way too easy to stray back to the rollies, if Id have known what I know now Id have gone straight to sub ohm and saved a fortune trying out other less effective stuff!

Not tried building coils yet probably too lazy although there was an rba deck included with one of my tanks so who knows?

Im shocked myself but even iif I run out of juice in work and am offered a real cig till I get home I have up to now refused...

gregcool
21-05-16, 23:15
VERRY WELL DONE to both of you:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thankyou

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:10 ----------

I tell you something, I feel like I'm on a recreational drug forum with all this ecig "speak"! :winks: It's all code to me :roflmao:

Well done to you both. Who would have thought something quick & simple could have such a beneficial physical effect...and reduced anxiety too...now that's a Brucie bonus!!!

Cheers terry.going very well mate
.yea you need to get up on all the lingo mate.lol

---------- Post added at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

From the Co-op shops you can get artificial cigs that have a batteries already in . Need no juice. Can charge up on computer or an adapter plug thing.
I am having not much luck at the moment . Just a blip. x

Sorry to hear that.i tried the small pen e cigeretts and didnt get on with them..didnt hit the spot......went onto the mod sub ohm and so much better..couldnt be happier..going so well

---------- Post added at 23:15 ---------- Previous post was at 23:14 ----------

Well done! Cutting down after such a long time is amazing!
I quit a few years ago too *high five*

Thanks halfjack.well done you

Phill2
22-05-16, 08:33
You're doing well
I've been off em 1 yr 3 months and 26 days but I'm not counting.
I don't use ecigs.

gregcool
22-05-16, 11:38
You're doing well
I've been off em 1 yr 3 months and 26 days but I'm not counting.
I don't use ecigs.

Well done phill..good for you....ill continue on the vape untill im ready to come down in nicotine..im on day 11 today and feel very positive that i havnt had any side effects withdraw etc..smell clean no smelly smoke yuk...no yellow fingers no wheezy chest anymore.can smell and tast better...the days are flying by for me and look forward to the point im not counting the days anymore