PDA

View Full Version : Hello from UK!

LK
21-05-16, 01:35
Hey everyone!

I've never been on here before, but I've just been having such a bad relapse with my anxiety the past couple of days (the worst in 2 years), and am worried my depression is coming back, I just thought I could do with a bit of moral support!

I live in London currently but will be moving back home to Yorkshire to be with my parents in 2 weeks time, now that I've finished my degree.

I love music and keeping tropical fish, and I'm supposed to be going away on holiday by myself for a few days on Tuesday... although now because I've been feeling so unwell and panicking for almost two days straight, as well as feeling really down I don't know whether that is such a good idea, even though I've been looking forward to it for months.

Anyway initial intro and moan aside, it's nice to meet you all and I wish you all a calm, chilled evening! :)

venusbluejeans
21-05-16, 01:40
Hiya LK and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Noivous
21-05-16, 01:48
Hi LK. Welcome!

Gibo1987
21-05-16, 14:17
Hi LK

Welcome i am also new and suffering really bad with depression and anxiety!! Worst i have ever been in years but im trying my hardest to do anything to jeep my mind of things...
I would deffo go on holiday if i had the oppertunity it may help u out and make u feel better.

Anyways once again welcome and im always here for a chat.

Carl.

LK
21-05-16, 19:04
Hey all, thank you for the welcome messages! It means a lot to know that I have a source of support. I've now taken my first citalopram - I used to be on them, went off them cus I was feeling better, but then told my GP I wanted to back on them but was scared of having the initial side effects again while I was so busy with all my finals at uni, so I didn't. Going to start taking them again and hopefully in a couple of weeks I'll feel a bit better. At least this time around I know what to expect with side effects.

@Carl Sorry to hear you're suffering too. It's not nice at all, I'm so sick of it! Perhaps you're right maybe it would make me feel better to go... In general, I like to travel and explore by myself; when I'm not anxious or down, I'm a very independent person. I'm not really sure what to do right now.