PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

Bcmomma
21-05-16, 04:42
Hi everyone. I posted in the "symptoms" sub forum already but thought I should introduce myself.

I've struggled with anxiety and depression since childhood. When I was 16-19 I had terrible panic attacks. I have tried many medications from effexor and celexa to lithium and lorazepam. I quit taking them when I was twenty or so and things were going well. I'm in my late twenties now and my anxiety started back up a year ago and it is worse than ever. I'm currently seeing a registered clinical counsellor and he is extremely helpful but I don't feel like spending my entire session discussing health anxiety, even though it is my biggest internal struggle at this time. I've had some confirmed/diagnosed by professional health problems since last September and I don't know if the validation that came with those diagnoses made me feel better or worse. Anyhow, it will be nice to have somewhere to discuss these things with people who don't think I'm completely delusional. :)

venusbluejeans
21-05-16, 04:49
Hiya Bcmomma and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Gibo1987
21-05-16, 14:21
Hi Bcmomma,

Welcome, Im new on here but i am also suffering with anxiety and depression and im the same i use to suffer with it years ago and it got better and now its the worse its ever been!! I am atm on medication and trying to get councilling! (big waiting list) but im hoping i feel better soon.... Atm the tablets i am on aint working for me and giving me side affects so i think ill be going back soon to get them changed!
So ur not alone and i am here if u ever fancy a chat.

Once again welcome.

Carl.