PDA

View Full Version : Intrusive thoughts

Becky2785
21-05-16, 08:14
Morning nmp today is a bad day as was yesterday had really bad intrusive thoughts yesterday playing on my mind today feel I'm losing control and feeling very depressed I know it the city getting into my system just want to know if anyone else struggles with awful thoughts I no everyone does at some point but why do anixety sufferers always think the worst

Victory2016
21-05-16, 15:34
Morning nmp today is a bad day as was yesterday had really bad intrusive thoughts yesterday playing on my mind today feel I'm losing control and feeling very depressed I know it the city getting into my system just want to know if anyone else struggles with awful thoughts I no everyone does at some point but why do anixety sufferers always think the worst

Yes this is normal for the first few weeks! they will start to go away eventually. Just keep telling yourself its the medication. Its not you. I am not sure why we think the worst. The mind is very powerful and some how we need to try to think positive instead of negative, but its very hard to change your thought process when you feel the way you do. That why we take the meds to help us with other techniques to get us out of this rut of depression and worry. Keep going!!!! It may seem horrible, but once they kick in you will feel great!

Becky2785
21-05-16, 19:47
Thanks victory uve been alot better this afternoon keeping my mind busy thinking positive thoughts is the way forward x

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Any ideas on how to stop or try and get rid of these thoughts all info welcome xx

Victory2016
21-05-16, 20:02
Just try to keep your mind and yourself busy as much as you can. It maybe hard at first and you just have to ride it out until they pass. Listen to music, read a book, watch a movie, try to be around family and friends, go for walks, exercise etc....

The other thing is when you have a thought come to mind think of a "stop" sign to try to make yourself stop with the thoughts even if you have to repeat it all day long.

LiveAboveIt
23-05-16, 21:46
Is this normal with all medications? I notice that I am having trouble with these on Sertraline, as well. About 4 weeks in, they seem to come and go.