PDA

View Full Version : hi from the north of ireland

labhaoise
21-05-16, 15:02
hi there, been suffering from really bad anxiety since last june along with the obsessional thoughts, pure o, breathing obsessions, panic attacks. barely left my room in months. i never feel any relief. things have got really bad for me over the last two weeks were i have started to take severe headaches and this has caused my anxiety to explode out of control. i feel like i'm dying. my heart races and i cant stop shaking this can go on for hours. think i'm now developing a phobia of headaches on top of everything else. even a small ache and my body goes tense. any advice would be most welcome or a wee message from someone who has suffered so bad and made it through to the other side:weep:

venusbluejeans
21-05-16, 15:09
Hiya labhaoise and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

labhaoise
22-05-16, 14:06
help i cant calm myself down

RosieBelle
22-05-16, 18:17
Hi :)
can you try some breathing exercises to calm you down. You can find techniques online about breathing etc...the adrenaline pumping through your body from the anxiety can be relieved by doing some exercise. Can you take a walk or something to burn the adrenaline off.
I find distraction really helps, such as watching tv, listening to music, reading, talking to someone, doing some chores etc..
I know it is an uncomfortable feeling, but that's all it is...it's just anxiety and nothing bad i going to happen to you. The feeling will pass.
:hugs:

labhaoise
23-05-16, 08:39
thanks rosiebelle i will try that to see if it helps me