PDA

View Full Version : Will 4mg of Valium be enough for a flight? and is it safe to mix with Xanax

AfraidToFly
22-05-16, 01:08
I think i have the generic type but im not sure?

I am taking a 4 hour flight from NYC to Cancun in a week and I am afraid of having a full blown panic attack on the plane. My doctor prescribed me four 2mg valium for the flights. He said to take 2 for the flight there. and 2 for the flight back. Will these be enough?

Also, my friend is prescribed xanax and will be flying with me also. If i start to have a panic attack on the plane will it be safe to take .25 of xanax if i have already taken valium?

xBettyBoopx
22-05-16, 04:18
Hi

I don't think anyone here is qualified to tell you yes or no on the xanax and of course you shouldn't take other peoples meds anyway.
2 x 2mg valium or diazepam is not a lot really unless you haven't taken any before, but your doctor obviously thinks that it is.

Enjoy your holiday.

Shazamataz
22-05-16, 07:59
You probably shouldn't mix the two. If you aren't a regular valium user then 4 mg should really calm you down heaps. In fact there's a good chance you will fall asleep :)

AfraidToFly
22-05-16, 22:16
You probably shouldn't mix the two. If you aren't a regular valium user then 4 mg should really calm you down heaps. In fact there's a good chance you will fall asleep :)

I am not a regular, this will be my second time ever taking it.

The first time i took it was a week ago because the doctor wanted to make sure i didnt have any adverse reactions to it

Shazamataz
22-05-16, 22:21
I am not a regular, this will be my second time ever taking it.

The first time i took it was a week ago because the doctor wanted to make sure i didnt have any adverse reactions to it

Then it should work fine. How did you feel with the experimental dose?

dally
22-05-16, 22:55
Xanax and valium are both benzodiazepines. They have much the same mode of actions.
.25 xanax is the equivalent to 5 mg valium.

It all depends on how your test rose of Valium affected you. So you can judge what to take

AfraidToFly
23-05-16, 06:00
Then it should work fine. How did you feel with the experimental dose?

I went out on Saturday to a concert and drank a little too much.

I woke up Sunday with a little bit of anxiety but i wasnt having panic attacks or anything like that.
I had stuff to do so i wanted until later at night to take the Valium.

The 2mg made almost all my anxiety go away but it didnt make me sleepy.

I took it at 8 PM and watched TV until about midnight.

The second i stopped watching TV i passed out and got a great nights sleep.

Shazamataz
23-05-16, 07:21
Sounds like it will work fine for you for the flight.l I suggest taking the whole 4 mg if you are super panicky about getting on the plane, that way you start off really calm and the rest of the journey will be a piece of cake!