PDA

View Full Version : Get busy and I'm get better

ivandiryana
22-05-16, 01:09
Yeah, I'm better now. 2 years ago I got promoted as the head of department and I got very busy. I had to fix a broken system at my office, at first I was so stress, so that time I told to myself that I need to focus on my job and push away those negative thoughts. And it works, I fixed the system less than a year without any panic attack.

People in my office, they amaze with my performance. I realize that at some level my anxiety become my motivation to work better dan faster. Every time they give me a task, I always try to get it done as fast as I can, because those task trigger my anxiety.

Now, because me and my team already fix the system, things are getting slow down. No more pressure on my back, I can relax now....and the anxiety start to come back again, but this time I feel much better to handle it. It still there, but now I'm stronger to overcome it.

So the conclusion is. Get busy, it works, and we can use our anxiety to perform better at the office. Better performance at work will boost our confidence. Now I try to focus my anxiety on my dissertation, I hope it can help me to finish my dissertation faster.

English is my second language, I'm sorry if my tenses makes you confuse. I just want to share my experience.

LittleMissAlone
22-05-16, 06:04
Thank you. That's very encouraging.

Noivous
22-05-16, 14:54
I agree. I had my breakdown only when events in my life started to slow down. it should have been a time to relax and take a breath but instead I crashed and burned.

N.

23fish
22-05-16, 15:28
Me too - I got worse about 3 years after significant events, when I though my life had settled down

Noivous
22-05-16, 15:30
Yeah - It's funny how it can be delayed like that too. I totally agree.

ivandiryana
23-05-16, 00:21
Thank you everyone for your comment. It really encourage me to get better and better.

I had this anxiety for years, and I think for people like us, with too much anxious thought, we need to be busy everyday. We need to perform better, to create something, to help someone, anything that makes us busy and in the end it will give us some satisfaction by doing it. Small compliment from our boss or colleague, a sincere smile, anything positive feedback will be good for our confidence, more confidence equal dead anxiety.

Slow days will make us eat ourself, that's why my anxiety often getting out of control on weekend. So we need to be busy during weekend, gardening, play with my son, watch movie at the cinema, are in my weekend activity list.

But too much work will make us tired one day, and we need to take a holiday. From my experience, it will be better if we go somewhere we never been there before, new places. It will be an interesting holiday, and do go alone, because share the moment with someone close to you is very helpful.