PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Missouri, USA

marissav1.0
22-05-16, 02:45
Hello everyone,
I often stumble on this site when trying to reassure myself that my anxiety symptoms are nothing but anxiety, so I finally decided to join. I'm 32, married, and have 3 kids (step son 11, daughter 3, and daughter 1).

I am not currently receiving counseling nor am I on meds (yes, bad me I know). In the past, I have been diagnosed with ocd and generalized anxiety disorder. I have a great deal of health anxiety, and have that awful habit of Googling symptoms and reading the worst possible scenario into them.

I've been on many anti-depressants, beginning when I was 18. I've tried Effexor, Paxil, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Seroquel, and Prozac. I've had the most success with Prozac, as most anti-ds give me horrible insomnia (except for Seroquel, which made me sleep constantly). Here in my part of the US, drs are very reluctant to give an RX for anxiety, because of rampant drug abuse. So that stinks.

That's about it for my intro. I don't have a lot of spare time for hobbies, but I like to embroider and read. I am a stay at home mom, so none of the traditional career stress.

venusbluejeans
22-05-16, 02:51
Hiya marissav1.0 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

HalfJack
22-05-16, 03:19
hey! Nice to meet you :) I love embroidery too but I'm usually too tired to be able to see what I'm doing.
Glad to have you with us!