PDA

View Full Version : Worried about colon cancer - severe symptoms - ibs?

marissav1.0
22-05-16, 03:00
So, I have been having right hip pain for about the past week. Over the past few days, I have a constant urge to move my bowels - it feels as if my colon is spasming constantly. Tonight I ate dinner and about 15 minutes later, the spasms started and I was hunched over the toilet bowl in extreme pain.

I know anxiety can do lots of things - I had a full body ct September 2015, my primary care dr said there was nothing in the report to be worried about. I started seeing a psychiatrist immediately after the ct but didn't keep up with going, because they wanted me to duplicate all the blood work my primary care doc had done literally a month prior. :mad: And I didn't feel like arguing with them.

So it's been about 9 months since I had the scan and blood work, both of which were fine. I used to have the "heart attack" type panic attacks, where I couldn't breathe. Now it affects a different part of my body every time I have an episode. The reason for the full body ct was constant diarrhea (no colon spasms though) and memory loss so bad I couldn't even remember my kids' names. It was head, abdomen, and pelvis that were scanned.

I have awful health anxiety and me & Dr. Google are best buds. So Dr. G says I have all the symptoms of colon cancer. I'm terrified :scared15: I don't know whether I'm having a "butt panic attack", for lack of a better term, or ibs, or what. It just keeps getting worse.

Nicholebear
22-05-16, 05:12
I saw a post on Facebook today about the signs of colon cancer, all of them also the same symptoms of a regular stomach bug.
When something feels a bit off inside of a person suffering from HA, we tend to focus on that on part, subconsciously tensing up in that area and making it worse.

Have you tried taking pepto bismol? Keep in mind that can make your bathroom business turn really dark colored so don't be alarmed if that happens lol