PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol anxiety

gw
22-05-16, 10:29
I had a drink last night and now I feel horrendous, anyone in the same boat? My anxiety is going crazy!�� Derealisation and deep thinking, I feel really crap today! Anyone have advice or just general chat to say you've felt the same before?

Noivous
22-05-16, 14:51
My advice would be don't drink till you have a handle on your anxiety/medication issues.

Even one drink can do a job on one in the middle of emotional issues.

N.

rodds
22-05-16, 14:58
I sent you a message drinking makes my anxiety 100000000 times worse for days after I totally unterand you need that thew hours break but it makes it worse rodds:)

DPW16
23-05-16, 09:21
Hi I have the exact same problem.

I do however love socializing, and love letting go and having a few drinks.
The hangovers are torture though and like your symptoms can affect me for 1-2 days minimum.

I find the best thing to do, although it be hard is to get out of the house and walk it off in the countryside with my dog. Sitting in the house doing nothing just allows you to think more about it and in turn make you feel worse.

Positive thinking is a key player too! know that this is a temporary feeling and by every hour going by you will return back to normal.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Captain irrational
23-05-16, 13:28
I had a few too many ciders last friday after a blissful couple of weeks of being almost entirely anxiety free and come saturday morning I found myself plunged straight back into anxiety mode, still not feeling too good this monday lunchtime. So yes, alcohol is definitely not our friend.

Linsey
25-05-16, 20:19
I had a frightening incident on Sunday, with chest pains and ended up in hospital. It's now Wednesday and I still feel very anxious with aches and pains, wobbly legs, unreal feeling and others. I had too much to drink on Saturday/Sunday and the doctors think that's what triggered it. I'm a little concerned that it's now Wednesday and I still feel strange.

You are not alone!

katie92
30-05-16, 19:07
Yeah I'm the same feel horrible and also caught to much sun can't eat or drink I'm that anxious :( ever need to talk I'm here