PDA

View Full Version : Help

Scattyrachel
22-05-16, 17:54
Hi, I'm not sure where to start, or if I'm even in the right place to write. My Dr put me on 20 mg of fluoxitine ( or however it's spelt) for depression, so I've only taken 6 doses. The trouble is everything is getting worse, tears, anger. I feel like all the happiness has been taken away from me.
What worries me most is I have a 9 year old son and 14 year old daughter, and I don't want to speak to them, or be anywhere near them. And my partner goes away for 3 weeks on Friday for work. ( my partner is as much use as a chocolate lifeguard, and don't think he believes me)
It's half term next week too, so I'm thinking about getting an emergency appointment first thing and see if I'm on the wrong tablets. I love my kids so much but just seeing them and hearing them makes me want to run away. I know tablets take time to work but how will I take care of the kids for the next 3 weeks when I can't stand to be around them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou

misslove
24-05-16, 03:44
Sorry to hear about your hard time. Can you ask a friend or family member to help you until you adjust? I know those pills are hard and most of them warn they will make things worse before they get better. But it will get better. Talk to your dr and maybe he can drop the dose until you feel better. They are there to help you. Also make sure you drink a lot of water to help move the medicine around your body. Eat well also. You'll always find support here. If you want to PM me to chat feel free. Hope things get better for you!