PDA

View Full Version : Pain in my upper tummy when I push it in sometimes

jojo198628
22-05-16, 22:52
Hey guys

So for a couple of weeks now iv been freaking out about this discomfort I have been experiencing in my upper stomach when I push it in... sounds crazy but the more tender it is the more I push it in and then of course the more it makes me believe it's cancer or gallstones or something serious it's very draining I'm going on holiday in 1 weeks and I'm petrified to go.

My anxiety is sky high and that does not help my symptoms it just makes it worse just wondered if anyone has ever experienced these sorts of symptoms.

Nicholebear
22-05-16, 23:14
If it hurts when you do that then stop doing it. That's what a doctor is going to tell you.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:14 ----------

If you keep pushing literally anywhere on your body it's going to start hurting.

jojo198628
23-05-16, 05:53
I know that but it's pretty hard to do when u have severe health anxiety..

Nicholebear
23-05-16, 06:13
Having Heath anxiety and being obsessive compulsive aren't the same thing. If you can't stop even though you know better, please reach out to resources that can help you control that behavior.

jojo198628
24-05-16, 21:44
I have severe health anxiety I have been professionally diagnosed this thing with the prodding my stomach to see if it hurts is a new thing so I may be developing ocd on top I don't no that's something il have to see a gp about however I can't see a gp till the end of June since there's no appointments till then.. so it's about trying to cope until then with the thoughts that something serious is wrong with me.

mindful anxiety
24-05-16, 22:21
jojo-

Full disclosure here, jojo. Ive been racked with dread for the last week about a few pains in my chest and abdomen when I touch or push on it. This is a difficult one to shake for our type of personality.

I wish I could offer reprieve for your anxiety about the pains but instead Ive come to offer my understanding and to say your not alone.

Nicholebear, is on point though with her reply.
The ole joke about the man who walks in the docs office and tells him it hurts when he pushed here....
The doc says "well stop pushing there!"

There truly is wisdom in this one, but its hard to put into action when your predisposed to investigate and worry.

I, you, we have to relax and push on (no pun intended). Or else it will consume us. Try not to push and poke for a day or two and see if it gets better. You have to force yourself to think about something different.

anxietyoverload
25-05-16, 17:50
I get this quote often, sometimes to the point of not been able to stand straight the pain is so bad. Mine is gas though! I suffer with stomach gas and acid quite a lot!