PDA

View Full Version : Eye discharge with a cold

AnxietyGurl
23-05-16, 02:14
So I have a head cold, sore throat, stuffy nose, slight fever. Tonight I took my contact lenses out and I noticed some stringy clear eye discharge. I feel like it could just be from the nasal congestion, but I'm worried I might have pink eye. My eye is not red or itchy yet. Anyone experience anything like this. Going to the eye dr is not covered in my insurance so it costs a lot of money. Thanks.

misslove
23-05-16, 15:58
Don't worry unless it gets painful or itchy. Eye gook is common with a cold. If by any chance it is pink eye you can go to your normal dr to get treatment.

AnxietyGurl
24-05-16, 00:06
Thanks so much for your reply. When I woke up there was more gunk than usual but still not red or itchy. Throughout the day though I've been fine. I guess it was just from my stuffy nose.

misslove
24-05-16, 03:40
It's your eyes natura way of cleansing themselves. Might be allergies too. My daughter gets gooky eyes sometimes after she's been outside playing in the weeds

AnxietyGurl
25-05-16, 15:07
A couple days later and there's still a little discharge in the morning. That doesn't worry me too much, but my eye is a little red. Not like "pink eye" red, just bloodshot. It doesn't hurt at all and it's not itchy. I really don't want to go to the dr, but I don't want to mess with my eyes. Maybe I'll give it one more day. Any suggestions?

AnxietyGurl
25-05-16, 23:49
Just an update. I went to the dr because my ear was really hurting. Winds up I have an ear infection. The doctor prescribed me antibiotics. She thinks that that may help my eye too.

misslove
26-05-16, 03:12
Glad it got worked out :)