PDA

View Full Version : fibrinogen and c reactive protein raised help!

tiredofthis14
23-05-16, 10:39
i had to have some blood tests
can anyone he me calm down

my fibrinogen level was 5.4 meant to be under 4.7 - googled like an idiot and it says it can make u create blood clots!

also my c reactive protein came back at 22 ... meant to be under 10! - i googled this too and it has loads of causes but it says if this and fribrinogen raised it strong indicator or heart attack!

my white blood count was also raised
and prothombin time
acd partial throm
apt ratio
and automated eos count!

iv got doctors this afternoon but what iv read online iv scared the crap out mysef :( anyoneknow about it im 25f

Superworrier
23-05-16, 11:33
Just to reasure you if it will my c reactive protein level as been slightly raised for years and I mean years it was first noted as raised when I had my Son and he is now at Uni .
I was too at 25 it was only a slight raise and I don't think I have ever had one off under10 my Drs told me its just an indicator there may be some infection or inflammation they also stated it can raise due to a bit of a cold and I have a bone condion and this could also be a cause if I have any inflammation going on .

So please don't worry about that okay I am still here 19 years later.
Hope that helps a little .

tiredofthis14
23-05-16, 12:41
thank you hun i am not sure if it has been raised before :(
i spoke to the doctor on the phone he said he wasnt worried but try getting someone with healthy anxiety to accept that x

gonzosattic
23-05-16, 14:05
If your doctor isn't worried then really what that means is that although it's slightly higher it's still within acceptable levels.
Have a word with your doctor to clarify why he thinks it's nothing to worry about, a longer explanation may alleviate your worries.
He may say "I see results like these all the time which is why there is nothing to worry about"

tiredofthis14
24-05-16, 07:18
he just said they not massivly raised and he not concerned x

Superworrier
24-05-16, 11:00
If he isn't worried then don't you be :D
Like I say my c protein as been raised for many many years and okay I am on my last legs haha:ohmy:But I am still here .
My Drs tod me the same .

tiredofthis14
24-05-16, 13:46
im worrying about the coagulation tests :( im worried they were all raised and although he wasnt worried a note had been left of the form questioning the fact they were raised one doc wanted them redone my gp doesnt
im worried because i went in fearing i had dvt and although d dimer was negative
there are some blood disorders that can cause false negative this is hell on earth

marissav1.0
07-09-16, 21:28
Mine has been raised since I was in my mid 20s. I'm 32 now. Had a full body ct scan last year and it was completely clear.