PDA

View Full Version : Worried about Petechiae

Ultimatejourney
24-05-16, 03:27
I've been suffering from HA for years now, and last night I found these strange spots on my leg. They're purplish red and spread out a bit. I haven't really seen any new spots either.
Naturally I did what I know I'm not supposed to do it, I Googled it.
I think these might be petechiae.
Now, I've come up with some logical reasons for it - my thigh area tends to bruise pretty easily to the point where I don't notice the initial injuries, my skin is pretty sense to getting hit or scratched, I've spent long hours in the car recently, I could have got it just scratching sand off myself (was on a beach trip). But the little voice in my head keeps telling me it's something serious like lukemia, but I try to console myself with the fact that I've been pretty much asymptomatic. I did have diarreah and a bit less of an appetite today, but I think that was just caused by panicking plus the large smoothie I had. Id think with the more serious stuff that i would REALLY feel sick. Everyone I've shown it to says it doesn't look like anything serious.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

FYI I have two nomal looking bruises on the opposite leg. Not sure that's relevant though.

Ultimatejourney
25-05-16, 00:30
Still pretty worried about this though i think the spots are starting to fade a little bit? I want to go the dr, but my parents wouldn't take me today and I'm leaving town tomorrow.