PDA

View Full Version : Can't deal with anxiety alone anymore

Valencia
24-05-16, 05:38
I am seriously so exhausted of thinking of the worst all the time. I am exhausted of finding some new incurable disease to think i have. I am so tired of dealing with all the physical pain and symptoms that anxiety has been giving me for years and years... I can't deal with this worry anymore. It affects my mood.. My sleep.. My productivity... I live in fear... it's so heavy... I'm here to give and get support and reassurance and i guess to stop feeling alone...

venusbluejeans
24-05-16, 05:44
Hiya Valencia and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

labhaoise
24-05-16, 20:05
hi there and hello from ireland
i'm louise and im suffering very badly at the minute as well. just wondering if you,ve been to your gp because he might be able to prescribe antidepressants. theres ones used to treat obsessional thoughts (i think theres six different ones in total) and these may help. theres also cbt therapy which helps you change your thought processes. i have been really unwell in the past with anxiety regarding obsessions to do with thinking i was going to stop breathing, convinced all my teeth were going to fall out etc.(to the stage i was hospitalised!) sertraline a ssri for ocd seemed to make these thoughts go away. im off the sertraline at the minute which is why im in such a bad way. its a long story but i should have never came off it. hope your feeling better soon

Valencia
25-05-16, 04:18
Thank you!! I will look at the articles. i havent taken antidepressants.. Inhave done some therapy but it's been too long.. I always seem to think i'm over anxiety and above it but it just comes creeping up all the time.. I guess i need something more long term.. So how are u feeling without the antidepressants? And why dd you stop taking them?

labhaoise
25-05-16, 21:45
hi
i got anxious again while on them because of two years of hell with family problems. and the dr decided to change them. a year later and im worse than ever, feel if i had stayed on them and just increased the dose i would be ok now. :weep:

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

At the minute i,ve got a bit of an obsession with headaches. been having a lot of them and now i.m obsessing. by the way forgot to mention that the antidepressants will take a while to work. in my case around 6 months and as well they may, not always, but may make you a little bit nervous at first, but i found it worth it in the long run. they gave me my life back. from hospital to a very happy girl. oh and theres another antidepressant called zispin which helps with really bad anxiety almost straight away but doesnt have the anti obsessional effect in the long run. just a few ideas to discuss with your dr.

Valencia
26-05-16, 04:26
Thank u! I actually booked an appointment with a therapist for this week... I'm anxious about even going... It's like i have no idea where to start. I hope it helps...its crazy that your saying you get headaches a lot.. I usually get them super often cause of tension building up in my neck (probably due to stress) i find that massages and osteopath really help with that.. Its painful during the session cause they unclog all your knots and tensions but a few days later you feel much better. Until the headaches come back.. The trick to prevent them is stretching but its always something i dont take time for .. So usually about 1-2 months later im back at the osteo because if reccuring headaches... Its the only thing that really helps me.. maybe you can look into it

labhaoise
26-05-16, 14:08
hi
thank u for the advice. i'm glad you're going to try the therapy. i've heard that after completing cbt some people never experience anxiety again and if they do they can totally manage it

Be positive
29-05-16, 16:52
Hi would just like to say hello and good luck with your therapy .