PDA

View Full Version : Ingrown hair wound will not heal, stressing me out a bit

SW_Pat
24-05-16, 05:57
I had an ingrown hair at this spot, got it with tweezers. It looks all red, bleeds, clear liquid then comes out, and later on it has the thinnest layer of skin ever over it. This is as far as it gets. Absent minded scratch, it goes back to looking like this again. It layered up again, and later on it looked oily so I wiped gently with a tissue and the whole layer wiped off. I have periods of extreme health anxiety, and for some reason this sort of thing is getting to me right now. It's basically this small wound that will not heal.

Nicholebear
24-05-16, 06:27
Sounds completely non-serious. Might try a small bandaide or liquid bandage and see if that helps. Maybe put a little neosporin on it. No need to be concerned :)

SW_Pat
24-05-16, 06:32
Thanks for the input, I will try that. Normally I would not be worried about something like this at all, just the fact that it won't heal right is what's getting me. Normally I heal very well, scab quickly and scars don't get left behind often. I feel like I've had this particular one for weeks.

Nicholebear
24-05-16, 06:38
Thanks for the input, I will try that. Normally I would not be worried about something like this at all, just the fact that it won't heal right is what's getting me. Normally I heal very well, scab quickly and scars don't get left behind often. I feel like I've had this particular one for weeks.

Have you been taking asprin lately? Asprin can make wounds take longer than normal to heal.

SW_Pat
24-05-16, 06:53
No, I haven't. It'd be nice if the answer were as simple as that though, haha

Nicholebear
24-05-16, 06:55
Ah well we all have had something stubborn that took a while to go away lol

dally
24-05-16, 22:09
I have had an ingrown hair at the top of my leg for about 9months

I felt a lump whist shaving my legs. Looked infected but I thought it would go away on its own. Gave it 3 then 6 then 9 months . Stipp

Nicholebear
24-05-16, 22:39
I have had an ingrown hair at the top of my leg for about 9months

I felt a lump whist shaving my legs. Looked infected but I thought it would go away on its own. Gave it 3 then 6 then 9 months . Stipp

Ok, is your little lump a red spot that disappears when you push on it?

tan235
28-04-20, 22:37
I know this is an old thread, but I have this - an inflammed ingrown hair, when i press down the redness disappears, what does this mean??