PDA

View Full Version : SERTRALINE and Side effect panic

NATLITT
24-05-16, 11:44
Hiya

I have redcently been given Sertraline 50mg to take for my anxiety and OCD. I started 4 days ago and I read the side effects stupidly as I have health anxiety.

I have convinced myself that I am having seratonin syndrome and that I am going to die.

I feel really out of body with a tight head and the other day I felt like I was really overheated (it has been hot and sunny).

My eyes feel like they are moving really slowly and I have a tight head. I rang my doctor and he said that I need to persevere with them and that the feelings will subside, but I suffer with health anxiety and am panicking that I am going to collapse and die. I hate feeling all over the place and out of body. I am also super super tired like I can't keep my eyes open and so am worried that I am falling unconscious.

I am sorry for the long post, but can anyone help?

Thanks

x

hermionegranger
24-05-16, 19:46
Hi -

I, too, had an initial adverse reaction to Sertraline and am therefore sympathetic to your concerns. However, I promise you that you do not have Serotonin Syndrome (you need to have taken way, way more than 50mg to acquire it) and if your doctor is unconcerned, you should be too. Try distracting yourself or engaging in a relaxing activity! Best wishes.