PDA

View Full Version : Can you get someone pregnant like this?

yodascat
24-05-16, 14:58
So I had intercourse with someone a few days ago. I wore a condom and did not ejaculate.

The first part I had an erection the whole time. We then stopped but came back, we put a new condom on but I think I was pretty tired so I was not fully hard and worried that the condom may have slipped and all, but it didn't feel so.

I know the chances are really low, but I've got an irrational fear that I've got her pregnant. I didn't ejaculate at all, but I've read that precum can result in pregnancy?! Super worried and anxious about this...

Fishmanpa
24-05-16, 15:53
If you had a condom on the entire time and did not ejaculate, I would say no chance. That being said, and knowing the anxious mind, you'll worry anyway until she gets her period.

Positive thoughts

yodascat
24-05-16, 16:27
Fishmanpa, Thanks for the reply.

Worried that since I was soft (non-erect) for the 2nd part that pre-cum may have leaked out through the condom. Although, I checked and there didn't seem to be anything leaking out though.

My partner has her period supposedly in a few days but this coincides with implantation bleeding - oh god...

Fishmanpa
24-05-16, 16:49
Dude... c'mon... you're grasping at anything to validate your fears.

Positive thoughts

yodascat
24-05-16, 16:52
Thanks Fishmanpa,

Just my mind is going trhoguh all these questions :(
This one most recently : What about if I touched my genitals before placing on the condom? Could pre-cum there pose a risk of pregnancy?

Fishmanpa
24-05-16, 16:54
S.T.O.P.! Heck, my wife and I practiced the pull out method for "years" prior to her going on the pill. I'm not a new dad. Ok... I'm out (was literally ;))

Positive thoughts

Nicholebear
24-05-16, 17:16
LOL Getting pregnant is not that easy. Since you two seem to be stable partners, I reccomend you discussing her going on the pill or other hormonal birth control. Because with condoms, accidents DO happen and Plan B pills are expensive. I had to take 2 of them before I got on the pill. You can still have sex with a condom while she's on birth control, but it creates a safety net incase something does happen. Your wallet will thank me later lol.

Oh plus the pill makes your period happen on the same day every month, so there's no guesswork about if it's late or not happening.

Lifelonganxiety!
24-05-16, 17:49
The chances of a pregnancy here are extremely low. I'm talking .0001%.

Most condoms have spermicide in them (it'll kill any sperm that touches it), you didn't ejaculate while wearing a condom anyway and even if you did, it's not a guarantee of pregnancy (depends on what part of the cycle the woman is in and so on).

So no, I would be shocked if she was pregnant. But as Fishmanpa said, you're not going to be at ease until her next period.

mindful anxiety
24-05-16, 18:02
LOL Getting pregnant is not that easy. Since you two seem to be stable partners, I reccomend you discussing her going on the pill or other hormonal birth control. Because with condoms, accidents DO happen and Plan B pills are expensive. I had to take 2 of them before I got on the pill. You can still have sex with a condom while she's on birth control, but it creates a safety net incase something does happen. Your wallet will thank me later lol.

Oh plus the pill makes your period happen on the same day every month, so there's no guesswork about if it's late or not happening.

http://www.kappit.com/img/pics/201501_1921_fbbab.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/29/3a/e8/293ae8f139eb75259879c2e42b8d7f13.jpghttp://

MyNameIsTerry
24-05-16, 22:58
Agree with all the above.

What you said about touching genitals is an obvious product of an anxious mind. It really is much harder to get pregnant as Nichole says. Otherwise women would be concerned about touching those parts of you and then themselves (some with anxiety do).

Noivous
25-05-16, 01:09
....there's just sooo much material here....but to stick to the script....you're not going to be a daddy...this time:D

Nicholebear
25-05-16, 01:35
....there's just sooo much material here....but to stick to the script....you're not going to be a daddy...this time:D

https://m.popkey.co/3c12e9/WpMA6.gif

Noivous
25-05-16, 02:57
Haaaaaaaaahahaha too much lol!! Very good, Nicholebear!:D

yodascat
25-05-16, 03:39
Thanks for the reply guys. Jiust my anxious mind telling me that some sperm from precum may have leaked out of the condom or that some precum from my hand or her hand may have traversed its way up through the reproductive system :(

Hopefully all this worry will be for nothing.

yodascat
25-05-16, 09:40
So I've been replaying everything in my head.

Is it likely IF I removed the condom after flaccidity and if I touched my genitals and then touched my partner in that region (+/- fingering) I could get her pregnant via pre-cum?

MyNameIsTerry
25-05-16, 10:19
I'm still reeling from Nicole's vid...I scrolled down waayyy to fast and it hit me full on! :biggrin:

When you replay everything in your head you tend to make assumptions, miss things, include bias, etc. Unless you can say for sure that you even did X & Y, then I would be wary of being misled by your anxious mind. Even then, it's not easy to get pregnant. Is your GF worrying about this? If she isn't, doesn't that tell you something? Despite our equal the sexes will get, women will always carry the biggest worries about pregnancy compared to us men for obvious reasons.

yodascat
25-05-16, 10:47
Reading stuff about how some women can ovulate randomly like a few days before their period freaks me out.

I'm pretty sure that I did touch down there but I'm not sure whether if there was pre-cum and if so, whether it would be able to traverse and cause conception. Obviously, I know the chances are super low, but I can't help but feel like I'll be one of the unlucky ones...

Noivous
25-05-16, 15:34
...wow...have you ever considered celibacy lol.:)

Lifelonganxiety!
25-05-16, 17:14
Well, the chances of pregnancy are extremely low here, but - the event is over, so now she either is pregnant or she isn't, there's nothing you can change about that now.

If she is pregnant, handle that when if comes up.

In the most likely event she isn't, move on, enjoy life and each other!

yodascat
26-05-16, 05:35
Thanks for the replies. Being an anxious mind, my mind is going off thinking about whether preucm leaking from the base of the condom (when I wasn't erect) could have then come into contact with the vaginal canal and then impregnated her that way...

My partner took the morning afterpill (albeit, <120hrs) so hopefully there's some news soon...

Nicholebear
26-05-16, 06:00
Morning after pill isn't really effective past the 72 hour window, however I don't think it was really necessary for her to take one

Should have spent that money and taken her out to dinner instead!

yodascat
26-05-16, 06:09
Mmm yes. My partner doesn't seem concerned at all.
It's mainly me that is getting worried about potential ways I could have gotten her pregnant. I'm concerned for many reasons - not currently ready in many aspects.

Like you read on google and all about how pregnancy from precum can happen and how there's a chance (even though small). Being an anxious mind, you can't help but feel that the stats are against you...

Fishmanpa
26-05-16, 12:42
Listen "Daddy-O" (pun intended)

Two forums and pages of reassurance is not helping you. In the 1 in a million chance something happened, deal with it. She is your "partner" after all! Perhaps WHEN you dodge this bullet, you should have a talk about either her going on the pill or you getting snipped.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-16, 12:54
If she isn't worried, you certainly don't need to be.

She is touching all these bits of you too but have you been worrying about that? Anxiety tends to be selective, it's one of the reasons we can call it irrational.

sarahsparkleshine
26-05-16, 15:53
You posted this same thing in anxiety zone. You received the same responses. Enough already.

MyNameIsTerry
26-05-16, 23:04
You posted this same thing in anxiety zone. You received the same responses. Enough already.

That's the nature of anxiety, part of acceptance to me is accepting the behaviours of others in their anxiety without becoming frustrated by it. Enough already applies to people who get frustrated with others, and some get frustrated with those that get frustrated too.

Needsupport
27-05-16, 01:30
Absolutely not. You did not get her pregnant.

sarahsparkleshine
27-05-16, 05:12
That's the nature of anxiety, part of acceptance to me is accepting the behaviours of others in their anxiety without becoming frustrated by it. Enough already applies to people who get frustrated with others, and some get frustrated with those that get frustrated too. ok, enough to you as well. We all have anxiety or we wouldn't be on this forum. At some point we have to realize that we need a professional opinion. You can understand anxiety all you want, but simply feeding his anxiety with answers, only draws him to ask more. So yes. Enough already. Two forums, and 6 pages later in total, is enough. It's time for a trained therapist

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-16, 05:35
ok, enough to you as well. We all have anxiety or we wouldn't be on this forum. At some point we have to realize that we need a professional opinion. You can understand anxiety all you want, but simply feeding his anxiety with answers, only draws him to ask more. So yes. Enough already. Two forums, and 6 pages later in total, is enough. It's time for a trained therapist

There is a way of saying things without adding negativity to a thread. Patience.

It's time for a professional on EVERY thread on this forum. That simple.

It's all reassurance seeking on this board. It goes without saying that everyone needs professional support. We all feed reassurance on here at times I think unless we work on challenging thoughts. I prefer to speak a different way though, I'm not one of the blunt speakers, after all we are all strangers.

There's no point getting frustrated over it though. We have to protect ourselves from that one in these places.

Noivous
27-05-16, 05:49
ok, enough to you as well. We all have anxiety or we wouldn't be on this forum. At some point we have to realize that we need a professional opinion. You can understand anxiety all you want, but simply feeding his anxiety with answers, only draws him to ask more. So yes. Enough already. Two forums, and 6 pages later in total, is enough. It's time for a trained therapist

Are you an anxiety support site stalker? Lol!:scared15:

Fishmanpa
27-05-16, 05:54

You'd be surprised (maybe not) at the number of sufferers are members of this site and AZ (the two most popular anxiety support sites). They post the very same thing on both sites. Sometimes they use the same name and sometimes not but it's easy to tell as the post is identical and they get the same responses, double the reassurance that in the end, still doesn't help.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-16, 05:55

:D I think some people sign up under the same names. There are a couple on here I've seen on OCD UK and one elsewhere.

I've often wondered what happens with repeat posters and whether one people start getting frustrated with them, do they pop off to another forum and continue. If so, it just tells me how little such firmness works. Sarah can perhaps answer that from the thread start dates and what happened on the other forum.

I somehow doubt reassurance seeking behaviour stops just because of the odd harsh word on a forum.

Noivous
27-05-16, 05:58
I am surprised. I've never seen AZ. This ones enough for me so far. I find the people genuine, smart, good natured, and caring.

N.

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-16, 06:05
I am surprised. I've never seen AZ. This ones enough for me so far. I find the people genuine, smart, good natured, and caring.

N.

It's one of many. No idea on size but it's not at the top of Google.

I couldn't keep up with multiple forums, it's hard enough with this one. I guess it makes sense to those chasing reassurance or answers but it will only make them worse. It's the same with people who research anxiety cures who move from chasing one product to another without ever committing to one fully.

I've sometimes come across very similar stories on other forums that are years old and it did make we wonder.