tiredofthis14
24-05-16, 15:42
hi

sorry to post again
i had some blood tests done on sunday as i was concerned i had dvt
they did d dimer was negative troponin negative
however my coag tests all came back raised
fibrogen crp pt aptt but my nir was normal

( not asking for medical advice regarding the bloods) just a understanding really
my biggest fear is dvt and pe

like an idiot i googled and am now TERRIFIED
from what i gather having raised pt and aptt is bad enough meaning im more likely to get a clot
but there is nothing not scary about the fibrogen

i dont expect anyone to msg me back explaining in medical terms just wondering if anyone been in a similar situation or had any advice
my doc is redoing the tests in 2 weeks but im terrified im going to drop dead
iv got bad leg pain no swelling or heat and the d dimer was neg but the what ifs are ruining me and i literally cant stop worrying

Katiex
19-06-16, 01:49
I have coagulation problems resulting in multiple pulmonary embolisms, lung damage, tissue death and a blood clot near my heart ( I am the worst hyperchondriac ever by the way and always been a nervous person so they put it down a pulled muscle and anxiety leaving me for another few days for it to get worse ) but I can tell you IF (God forbid ) you were unlucky enough to get DVT or blood clots on the lungs it is VERY treatable and recovery starts as soon as they give the first lot of medication for it.

I dealt with my blood clots so well and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Obviously very serious but considering I can't cope with colds I was surprised how easy it was to recover from blood clots. I wasn't gasping for breath. They are very common and very treatable so don't worry even if you do get one just make sure you know what symptoms to look for so you can get treated.

Mine started as a sharp pain in my collar bone every time I breathed in, a tight chest and breathlessness. When you get this there is no question about whether you have a blood clot or not you will know as the pain is quite severe.

DVT can start off with pain, swelling, redness and heat in your leg but it can also be symptomless (mine was symptomless DVT that resulted in a pe).

Either way even if you do get a clot they are so easy to treat and recover from when caught early even considering the severity of mine.

If you ever need to chat feel free to pm :)

tiredofthis14
19-06-16, 09:51
im lways terrified wgen i get leg pain or breathlessness docs are sick of me :( i always think i have one and docs always say no swelling no clot :(

Beckybecks
19-06-16, 10:16
My father in law who is 81 travelled by air from South Africa to the UK, not knowing he had a clot in his leg. He had pain, which became more severe as his holiday continued with us.

We went to France and at this stage the clot moved to his lung (at the time we had no idea and thought he had a chest infection). We returned to the UK where the doctor hospitalized him for tests and they discovered the clot, gave him medication and compressing stockings and two days later he was home. Three weeks later he flew back to South Africa.

Why I'm telling you this is to show you that if an 81 year old can survive it, you needn't have so much fear. Firstly the pain is extreme, so you would know something was wrong. Secondly it's very treatable, with medication.

tiredofthis14
20-06-16, 16:17
thank you i think iv read so many stories of people 'suddenly' dying from them it scared me even though i doubt what you read is the full truth i have a mixture of dvt worry at the moment but in my lower abdo pelvis i had a d dimer on fri which was negative but now im suddely getting sharp pain in chest it never bloody ending

Worrywonka
21-06-16, 00:08
Are u allowed to donate blood?ive heard its really healthy and also good against heart problems and stroke.