PDA

View Full Version : Eyelid twitch

Nicholebear
25-05-16, 06:37
I have had this before but just curious what others have experienced with it. My right eye has been twitching for about a week now. It's not constant but it happens more than several times a day. I had this towards the end of my senior year of high school and maybe a couple of times since then. The twitch happens on my weaker eye.im farsighted but don't usually wear my glasses unless I'm reading as my general vision is pretty clear except for reading. I spend a lot of time looking at phone and computer screens. I also have aniscoria, have had it for as long as I can remember and many doctors have looked at it and don't seem concerned. But the larger pupil is the weaker one.

Anyway just curious about others experiences with eyelid twitches, I'm not worried at all about it being something bad, just wondering if I can do anything to make it stop or just let it run its course

Lifelonganxiety!
25-05-16, 17:00
I've had this come up a few times. From the occasional twitch throughout the day to an every second for a week - non-stop.

In every case, I guess it just went away on its own in the end, but I also drank loads of gatorade and ate bananas as I read that twitching can be from a potassium deficiency or something. It either worked, or was a placebo - either way it always goes away - eventually...

Nicholebear
25-05-16, 23:17
I've had this come up a few times. From the occasional twitch throughout the day to an every second for a week - non-stop.

In every case, I guess it just went away on its own in the end, but I also drank loads of gatorade and ate bananas as I read that twitching can be from a potassium deficiency or something. It either worked, or was a placebo - either way it always goes away - eventually...

Interesting. If it persist through to the weekend I'll definilty try bananas and see if that helps. I know different deficiencies have very bizarre and seemingly unrelated symptoms. Not feeling particularly stressed so potassium deficiency could very well be a possibility. Thank you for your reply.

mindful anxiety
26-05-16, 03:38
I have had this also. It happens consistently for a week or two and then it just stops. I over do it on the coffee and espresso and I can tell it makes it worse. When im stressed, it happens more often. Ive even had it happen while talking to someone and they noticed. Ive even had my upper or lower lip twitch around the same time as the eye happens.

Nicholebear
26-05-16, 03:59
Ive even had my upper or lower lip twitch around the same time as the eye happens.

Haha me too! It's a very strange feeling, huh?

Noivous
26-05-16, 04:11
Go to bed. Not right now necessarily but I find more sleep helps my eye twitch to stop.

N.

Valencia
26-05-16, 04:29
I get this too.. Usually from lack of sleep..putting a hot compress usually calms the nerve that is twitching down

Nicholebear
26-05-16, 04:47
Interesting you mention lack of sleep. I generally stay up very late, falling asleep around 2-3am. But I get to sleep in and usually wake up around 10-11. However I haven't been sleeping too well lately, I'll wake up at around 7am and then fall back asleep, so who knows...

Noivous
26-05-16, 05:05
Yeah with me sleep is huge. When I'm not sleeping well little things (issues/problems) seem like big tbings, much bigger than ought to be. And I can get little muscle twitches or little aches or pains...so why am I up right now?! lol.:D

N.

stars22
26-05-16, 19:06
My eyelids have been twitching on and off for 2 months mainly my right eye it lasted about three weeks straight I even give birth with my eyelid constantly twitching it happens just now and again now but still annoying I have right sided head ain't too so I think it's associated with that for me

OhioMom65
27-05-16, 13:42

Not sure if it's low potassium. I'd had it going on for a week before, during and after my physical where they took blood. No deficiencies, except a slight anemia (normal was 12, my reading was 11.7).