PDA

View Full Version : Breathing problems

Jo3016
13-03-07, 15:57
Hi all

I am 16 weeks pregnant with my third child, have just had major work done on my house and now have a rotten cold to top it off!

Since I became pregnant, I have had various health anxieties - they have ranged from headaches (brain tumors), breast problems (breast cancer) and high blood pressure (was slightly elevated, probably due to anxiety and stress). These health worries have never really occured at the same time - one has replaced another. If I was obsessing about having breast cancer, I would notice that my headaches hadn't been around for a while etc.

However, more recently, since the other symptoms have subsided, I have become very aware of my breathing again. I found myself thinking about it all the time and thinking that I can't get a full breath. I yawn and deep breathe an awful lot and feel I become breathless walking up hill or up the stairs. I am sure it doesn't help that I can't breathe through my nose at the moment as I have this cold. I keep thinking there is something wrong with my lungs or heart and that the pregnancy is just making it worse. I have had a lot of palpitations as well.

Can anyone offer some words of comfort?

Wilburis
13-03-07, 16:07
Hi

Sorry I cant reassure you but I am suffering many of the same things as you. You are not alone!

I am 16 weeks pregnant too!!!

I have really bad headaches, almost everyday. They seem to come on late afternoon. I am getting dizziness as well. Its driving my crazy. I get palpatations a lot too. I saw the midwife yesterday and she noted my blood pressure was ok but my heartrate was 95. She said as I get palps, I should ask the Doc for an ECG. I had one at 4 weeks pregnant and it was fine.

Im seeing the GP on Thursday about my headaches and dizziness. I cant bear it anymore. Im not enjoying this pregnancy at all and really worry how will I look after a baby with all my problems. I too sometimes feel as if I really have to concentrate on my breathing, I think this makes it worse!!

Take care - Liz xx