PDA

View Full Version : Mild and brief tingling left palm and finger

helenhoo
25-05-16, 15:48
messaging again!

two things:
I've had mild mild mild tingle in left hand for a few days; pinky and ring finger and at their base. it's not constant and is mild enough to not notice.

Also wake up with pins and needles occasionally for a few seconds that goes after I move

I work on desks and is sleeping on it the reason?

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

:blush:

Lifelonganxiety!
25-05-16, 17:35
Quite probably a result of poor posture and muscle tension. I get tingles here and there all the time. I work a desk job and my posture sucks, after a few days off work it goes away, therefore posture!

helenhoo
25-05-16, 17:50
it's not here currently and only when i'm like 'oh it's gone' it comes back.

thanks for your words.

helenhoo
25-05-16, 22:16
Is it related to brain on neuro? I had a worry of this few months back as I would wake up with pins and needles in my leg and somebody on another forum (non anxiety) mentioned MS! I have this finger thing on and off and mostly off and woken pins and needles every few days

Mojo61
25-05-16, 22:31
It could well be carpal tunnel syndrome. Do you use your hands in any repetitive work like typing or sewing?

helenhoo
25-05-16, 22:48
I work in computercomputers more so on computers hand in issue isn't the mouse hand though? I really need a science lesson ha.

What about the legs?

Mojo61
25-05-16, 23:16
If you've had the pins and needles in your legs for months it is unlikely to be anything serious. You probably have a trapped nerve somewhere in your back

helenhoo
25-05-16, 23:24
It's every few days only when waking and goes after a fee seconds :)

Fishmanpa
26-05-16, 01:14
You're sleeping funny and your limb is falling asleep. Nothing more.

Positive thoughts

Raerae91
26-05-16, 02:20
Woah strange had that feeling for the first time today with the same fingers too.

Jeffer
26-05-16, 19:19
Your ulnar nerve reaches down into those two fingers. Often it gets "trapped" in the elbow joint causing the pain and/or pins and needles. This can happen from holding up a phone to your ear, sleeping on it wrong, even something as simple as resting your elbow on a table wrong. Nothing to worry about, just a change in posture and it should go away.