PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety still sky high

Linsey
25-05-16, 12:57
So on Sunday I was admitted to hospital overnight after having chest pains. My heart rate came back regular, if a bit fast, and my blood pressure, blood test results were normal too. They think the trigger may have been the result of my alcohol ingestion on the Saturday night/Sunday morning (it is not normal for me to drink that much) I was released on the Monday.
It is now Wednesday and my anxiety is still bad. I'm still getting achy pains in my upper back, my arms and part of my chin, as well as in the middle of my chest. My legs and hands still feel wobbly and my head still feels quite floaty and a bit 'out of it'. I also keep breaking out in sweats. Do you think this will pass by itself or should I be asking the doctor's advice?
I'm worried about wasting their time though. Just over a year ago I called out an emergency doctor because I was feeling chest pains. Again my heart and blood pressure were normal, just a bit high. I visited the doctor the next day and discussed it with them. I have heartburn, so they prescribed me omeprazole for that and have me a monitor to record my own heart beat. They said that the results of that were normal too, which I found reassuring. In fact I was feeling a lot better for quite a while, although anxiety is always a feature with me, and it never quite goes away. But now it's all started again, and I don't know what to do anymore.

HalfJack
25-05-16, 13:15
If you're still not feeling well then maybe going to the Dr is a good idea, even if it turns out everything is fine maybe that re-assurance will help you feel better?

I had the same symptoms when I drank alcohol about a year or two ago. I couldn't drink for a long time without getting those, but I have no idea why! I'm fine now I can drink without any issues but for some time it seemed to make my anxiety worse and I got bad chest pains and experienced dizzyness and wobbly feeling in my hands etc just like you said.

Linsey
25-05-16, 18:22
Thanks, it's good to feel that I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

chiguy
27-05-16, 20:48
Hi there. I have had the same in the past. You're not the only one.

I have gone to the ER twice thinking I was having a heart attack, and now I know it's the panic attacks. Get an EKG to make sure you're in good shape. That should help ease your mind.

Hope you feel better!

Linsey
28-05-16, 17:19
Thanks Chiguy, much appreciated!:D