PDA

View Full Version : TMI issue

Pet59
25-05-16, 13:58
Hey, at Christmas time I posted about my period. How I had finished it and all of a sudden there was a huge gush and it was horrendous and there was loads. It hasn't happened since, until now! Cycles are all bang on 3 weeks 3 days. It started fri, was there sat sun, not much mon and nothing at all tues. this afternoon, just now, it is horrendous. Loads. Had my smear in Feb time and everything was fine, no pain, no abnormal bleeding in between times. Freaking out. Help please

Beckybecks
25-05-16, 15:15
Depends on your age. Could be hormonal fluctuation. Many many women have irregular periods without any obvious reason. At least you still have regular cycles. In my experience anxiety can affect your periods. Wait a few cycles and see if it settles down.

Pet59
25-05-16, 16:19
Thanks for reply. I'm 37. It was really quite a lot but seems to be just like a normal period now. I've recently started exercising too. 3 weeks ago, 5 days a week. Not sure if that has something to do with it. I'm scared it will start bleeding again.

Lifelonganxiety!
25-05-16, 17:16
Do you have an IUD or any other contraceptive device? My wife had one and it made her periods very unpredictable, painful and different volume.