PDA

View Full Version : hello

gingerone
04-10-04, 12:07
its been so long i was feeling fine for a while and now all is bad. i have a really bad chest pain and my heart is really sore i cant even touch my cheast where it is? i am worried i was sitting on my bed saturday and i my body went all numb like i was coming out of my body i was so scared i was alone and i thought i was going to die. i was walking down the street today and i got this numb scary feeling again can someone help please

c j giff

tara
04-10-04, 14:20
Hi, i'm not sure what you suffer with but I used to go numb when I was having real bad anxiety and panic. My lips, hands and legs wpuld go numb and my head would feel like it was gonig to explode. The only thing that would relieve this was to concetrate on my breathing and I always carried a paper bag with me everywhere I went and would use this, I didn't care where I was because it helped me.Tara x

seh1980
04-10-04, 14:36
hello gingerone,

It does sound like you were having a panic attack. Those are the exact symptoms that I get when I'm having one. Have you had this experience before or is it a new thing?

Sarah :D

sal
04-10-04, 17:57
Hi

Agree with Sarah, common symptoms how you are feeling and i am all too aware how scarey they can be.

Are you getting any treatment, counselling at the present?

Love Sal xxxxx

Meg
04-10-04, 18:17
This is very common indeed.

These are feelings and will not harm you at all

Gain control of your breathing -3 in 4 out - shake your arms and feet about a bit , have a stretch and gently reorientate . yourself, calm yourself down by telling yourself this is just temporary and carry on about your business.

Its a temporary chemical imbalance in your blood brought on by breathing too fast .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

sal
05-10-04, 00:42
Hi

How are you feeling now?

Hope you are feeling a bit more positive after the posts you have had.

Love Sal xxxxx

gingerone
12-10-04, 15:39
hello
i have been having these problem for 1 - 2 years and i suffer from cronical depression and aniety and other stuff like that but i am sick of it and i am fine one day and rubbish the next is this just me someone please help thanks

c j giff

Meg
13-10-04, 18:23
No it is not you , it is normal to hav ethese swings whilst you i prove.

If you hadnąt improved at all then you wouldnąt be able to have bad days as theyąd all be the same.

I recall having 2 straight bad days and then complaining about bad days and not recognising that I had had to get better in order to feel the bad days.

Journal and figure out what causes the good and the bad days, there will be signs .

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

jill
15-10-04, 15:12
Hi Gingetone,

All people in all walks of life have there good days
and there bad, but because with what we suffer with
we have to work harder through those bad days.
As Meg says if you wright diary for both good and bad
days you will find signs. Maybe on those bad days you
are having alot of negative thoughts.
Changing the way we think is not easy,
but with alot of hard work support and time
anything is possible.

Love Jillxx

May your troubles be less
and your blessing be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.