PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety i dont want to go through it alone

lozzy023
26-05-16, 12:19
Hi im new to this , for the last year i have suffered with anxiety its started out with me struggling to get the bus to work and seeing friends ect, but this is the worst it has every been i avoid friends and family , i dont really leave the house unless i really have too,it feels like im alone.

venusbluejeans
26-05-16, 12:24
Hiya lozzy023 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
26-05-16, 18:09
Good afternoon lozzy023, and no you're not alone. Like you I suffer from anxiety and panic and after 17+ years I still get uncomfortable venturing out too far from home. I'm not telling you this to discourage you, but to encourage you. The thing is you may not totally escape those feelings of anxiety. But being aware of the fact you suffer from anxiety/depression is the key to overcoming it.

Lozzy023 here at NMP you will find some great helps and a great place to honestly discuss what's troubling you. I'm no health professional just a fellow sufferer that has benefited from NMP. It is my hope that you'll find relief from your anxiety. The key is to be proactive and NMP is a good start.

labhaoise
26-05-16, 20:21
hi there,
have u heard of cbt. i think this could help you. mention it to your gp and see if he would refer u. best of luck
louise

Vick1
26-05-16, 20:49
Hi Lozzy you are definately not alone, I also suffer with anxiety and have done for several years to varying degrees. Mine also started with avoiding buses and then grew into lots of other phobias. Sometimes it can lay dormant for months and then rear its ugly head when I have some trauma in my life. I have just started CBT and am finding it very helpful although it is hard work to put into practice at times but I am hoping this will gradually get easier :)

lozzy023
27-05-16, 13:48
Thanks everyone i know i have people to talk to about this on here , i have just had my first cbt appointment so i hope this helps. I have also been on medication . Thanks everyone cheered me up a bit :)