PDA

View Full Version : Teeth extracted feel anxious

Paul87
26-05-16, 14:16
My sleep pattern has been all over the place and some days hardly sleeping even but I had a wisdom and a second molar extracted Tuesday and well ever since

I've felt constantly sick and shaky and weird like nothing feels right I just don't feel right and feel like crying I keep stressing and worrying over the pain I have and if my extraction site is healing etc

There's a root left behind poking out the extraction site but dentist told me it's nothing to worry about it will come out on its own but it's making me worry too

I also have a phobia of dentists and had massive anxiety and panic attack before going to the dentist

I don't know I just don't feel right and dunno if me feeling sickly is the tooth or my anxiety

Superworrier
26-05-16, 14:51
Hey hope this helps a little
My Mum was terrified of the dentist I mean she was a strong women faced many things in her life but if one thing turned her into a quivering wreck it was the dentist .
I recall her having a wosdom tooth out and a molar extracted she was unwell for a few days after and she actually cried in pain she could feel the root still there and it wasn't until that did come out that the pain subsided .

I do hope this helped a little and you get that the pain subsides soon xxx
Sharon :hugs:
E

Paul87
26-05-16, 20:34
The constant sleeping day and night and the anxiety brings is doing more trouble as its making me not wanna eat or talk and causing butterflies etc

:(

Superworrier
27-05-16, 18:13
How are ypu today Paul :)

Paul87
28-05-16, 05:17
I went to the dentist yesterday they put a nasty tasting thing in my socket which has helped and at 9.15am today I will hopefully be having the root out if I can cope with the anxiety it will bring but to be honest I don't have a choice as it makes my anxiety worse being in pain or having the root there or even knowing it has to come out.

Sadly my sleep is awful I fell sleep 3pm till 7pm today I tried go to bed at normal time and fell sleep around 00.00 and woke up 2am ish it's now 5.15am and I'm extremely anxious because I can't go back to sleep, it would be nice to have a fixed sleep pattern but I dunno how I will do that as without much sleep my anxiety is terrible so I sleep to lessen it then of course it makes my sleep pattern worse

So I guess today I got to try and maybe stay awake till 10pm or so I'm sure having a nights sleep and waking up in morning would be helpful

Thank you for asking btw how are you?