PDA

View Full Version : Mouth cancer

Danie57
27-05-16, 08:14
Hi I posted here a few days ago and since then things don't seem to be getting any better

I've had a sore little nik on my tongue on and off for about 6 weeks. You can't really see anything other than it looks quite rough and the buds kid of lo clustered together. But I can feel it. It's started to happen in the other side of my tongue aswell now. Along with red bumps I keep getting on my inner lips and sore ulcers. One has gone and one I still have.

I'm so worried I have mouth/tongue cancer. Someone said before that it wouldn't come and go but annoyingly "Dr Google" says otherwise

Thanks.

Annie0904
27-05-16, 08:21
Don't take any notice of Dr Google, he likes to scare people :) Instead take a trip to your dentist who can quickly reassure you.

Danie57
27-05-16, 08:25
Thanks. I have been to my dentist who doesn't think it's anything other than stress and maybe not in down on my tongue and lips from bein anxious. But with this horrible health anxiety it's always so hard to believe and always think they're missing something. 😩

---------- Post added at 08:25 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Biting down**

Annie0904
27-05-16, 08:28
I would believe your dentist, he has seen it, Dr Google hasn't it.

MyNameIsTerry
27-05-16, 11:27
I agree with Annie. Your dentist has been trained to spot oral cancer. A dentist is more skilled at spotting that than your GP is.

I used to get outbreaks like this before my anxiety started when I over did it with work. My big brother did too.

unsure_about_this
27-05-16, 15:26
Agree with above users about seeing your dentist who will be able to spot any problems.

Jamesk
27-05-16, 16:01
Your dentist has been trained to spot oral cancer. A dentist is more skilled at spotting that than your GP is.

This this this. Ask your dentist.

I spent months worrying about a "lump" being mouth cancer. My G.P. did not set my mind at rest at all by saying "we'll keep an eye on it."

Evetually I went to my dentist who completely set my mind at rest by explaining exactly what it was and saying "anything from the neck down go see your G.P. anything uopwards of there come and see me!"

Fishmanpa
27-05-16, 16:02
Someone said before that it wouldn't come and go but annoyingly "Dr Google" says otherwise

I'm that "someone" and I'm a Stage IV oral/head and neck cancer survivor. My oncology team believe my cancer started on the back of my tongue and my body healed it but not before it spread it's joy to the lymph nodes on the left side of my neck. During my ordeal, I was part of a couple of head and neck cancer forums and what you describe does not present as cancer based on my experience and everyone I know who's had it.

Your dentist, who is trained to spot suspicious lesions and other warning signs has given you the all clear as well as an explanation. So, you can accept the reassurance of a dental professional and actual cancer survivor or believe what Dr. Google is telling you.

Positive thoughts