PDA

View Full Version : Anti D Weight Loss and Appetite?

AFin26
27-05-16, 11:11
Hello everyone!

I wanted to see what other people's experience was regarding weight loss and appetite loss on medication?

I'm on Sertraline and although it appears to be working for me, I've lost weight and I am barely hungry.
And when I do eat, I don't eat much.

Has anybody had a similar experience?

AFin26
29-05-16, 12:33
Anyone?

MyNameIsTerry
29-05-16, 13:16
It might be worth adding a thread on the Sert board. It's one of the busier meds sub boards.

I think you will likely get a mixture anyway. I found Cit made no changes to my appetite yet I've seen posts saying some couldn't eat, some ate more, etc. It's a given with some meds but SSRI/SNRI's seem very mixed. Individual as ever with these meds!

Tardisbrain
29-05-16, 13:18
My anxiety has caused me to lose my appetite, if the meds seem to be working for you then maybe you just need to wait a little while longer for your appetite to come back. Whatever you do, just make sure you eat. I lost over 1.5 stone in 5 weeks, I now force feed myself. I hope things improve for you. I have read storiesome where people lost their appetite and then making up for it when it comes back :)

MyNameIsTerry
29-05-16, 13:23
Is always easier to drink calories than eat them too so you could always add some shakes, maybe some protein?