PDA

View Full Version : Changes during the day of the whites of my eyes

Jordan85
27-05-16, 17:30
Hello there,

In the past week I noticed a slight red darkening on one side of my eye in the mirror and I've been staring intensely at them in the mirror ever since. I've read up on changes in colour to the white of the eye and worried about seeing any sign of yellow.

Lo and behold: I see a slight yellowing around the veins of my eye. I've been checking so much recently that the whites of my eyes appear different throughout the day. In the morning they might be a bit red in parts, then they might go fairly white, then back to the darker shade on one side of the eye etc. Please tell me this is normal and I'm overanalysing something out of nothing.

I'm 30 and I have no other symptoms, no visual changes, no pain etc.

Thank you.

Lifelonganxiety!
27-05-16, 17:33
You're very clearly over analysing this. Stare at your eyes long enough thinking you'll see yellow - and you'll see yellow. That's your brain for you.

And red is normal, comes from tiredness, alcohol, caffeine, whatever. I see my veins there all the time.

Eyes are not going to be the bright wight you probably think they are. They are naturally pearl colored. Stop over analysing.

Fishmanpa
27-05-16, 17:34
TOTALLY over-analyzing this! Tiredness, pollen, dust etc. etc. etc. can affect our eyes.

Positive thoughts

netminder1976
27-05-16, 18:02
If you're eyes were yellow for some medical reason you'd know it, you wouldn't have to search for it. Just my two cents.

Jordan85
27-05-16, 21:52
Thanks for chilling me out folks. HA is a nightmare :(