PDA

View Full Version : Strange feeling in chest

zx123
27-05-16, 22:12
Hi,
I sometimes get a strange feeling in my chest close to my heart. It feels like a dull sensation. I've been to see a doctor who used a stethoscope to listen to my heart, and I've had a ecg scan and they said that my heart was ok. I do sometimes worry that the doctors could be wrong and it is a heart problem.

Does anyone else get this feeling? could somebody tell me what it could be?

Thanks

misslove
28-05-16, 00:05
I have had weird chest feeling quite often. Been checked and things are fine. I think it just comes down to nerves. When your muscles get tight they squeeze your ribs. I find stretching and deep breaths help a lot. Hope this helps!

shelzmike
28-05-16, 16:41
Having been an HA sufferer for more than a decade, as with most, my fears certainly have been related to my heart from time to time. The one thing to point out is that there is a lot of stuff going on in the area where are heart sits - esophagus, stomach, diaphragm, lots of muscles and nerves. It is hard to say exactly what it is, but most of my "heart" issues are most likely related to my GERD or IBS. I think one thing I always tell myself, if it is not sudden, severe, causing other symptoms such as vomiting, naseua, etc. and it comes and goes (plus tests saying you are OK) then most likely it could be gas or something completely unrelated.

Mike