PDA

View Full Version : I Restarted My Cbt Today

wobily_lin
13-03-07, 21:21
Well im posting this really throught orders lol..

I restarted my CBT today...I had no sleep at all...bad night..not because of that as I didnt realise my session was today..just rang up this morn to c when it was and i said o shit..its today.

I had to walk there..bout normally 15 mins..i rang up said id b late..well i was later..very late....

i was so so scared to leave my house..so i just wnt as i want this so much...I walked there and was in state of panic..

At this stage i so want to thank TRAC for being there cos without her support I would most def have ran home...so thank you so much Trac for being there for me..i so appreciate it..ye got me there and i am so grateful for that..

I was extremely late so didnt hav much of a session..and was hyperventilating so much I couldnt calm...so in the end I was givin an injection and brought home in car.

My therapist was concerned as she hadnt seen my that bad, as i used to c here last year but had to stop for other reasons...it was the worse attack iv had in quiet some yrs...

My therapist was very pleased that I had made such an effort to go concidering the height of my anxiety and acknowledged the enormormous effort i had made...I told her ye said i had to get here if i wanted it or i lose it...well i got there...

She said next week she will come to my home as there was just no time for session and for that I am grateful to her...I dont want many sessions at home as I want to go again myself..albeit with support to get me there at first but eventually totally on my own...

Things in my life have changed now..as my son has moved out n i miss him soooooooooo much...but that gives me time for me...I told her I don't care what comes along..as I am fed up with crap hitting me in face all of the time and stopping me from moving forward..

NOTHING will stop me from doin this..I've waited over 4 yrs for this n want it so bad..I want to get well and get out of my house even if it is just to have a safe zone again at first...

So there ye go....Sorry it a bit long...my prob is I don't acknowledge my own achievements and as Trac told me ......I wnt and I didn't give up altho tbh she had sumat to do with that as my instinct was to run..but i didnt..

So there ye go...I've had very lil sleep as still quiet anx..am shattered..but suppose i shud give meself a wee pat on back eh ?/

Thanks for reading..
x

manmoor
13-03-07, 23:36
:yesyes: :hugs: :flowers: :hugs: :yesyes: :flowers: :hugs: :D :hugs: :flowers: :hugs: :yesyes: :D :flowers: :D :hugs: :yesyes: :flowers: :hugs: :D :hugs:

Didn't we know you could do it hun and also your 3 hour train journey too the day before thats another success :D I'm so proud of you me Irish dopey :hugs: I'm coming to stay with you for a week so get the voddy in I'll soon sort you out lol. xxxxxx

wobily_lin
14-03-07, 00:21
lmao o god help me...eh i think i may b in respite that week moo pmsl........

ur de bestest moo ye come ta mine anytime...butcha sleepn in shed lmao..

lovs ya n tanx so so so much for being there for me xxx

Karen
14-03-07, 00:35
Well done for getting there Lin.

I am currently doing CBT and find it very helpful. Keep pesevering with it.

Karen xx

Piglet
14-03-07, 09:35
I think you did fantastically well to go there given how you were feeling hun.:)

I don't think it does any harm at all to have a few at home to build your confidence up again and I am sure you will really benefit from the sesssions.

I myself am now on the waiting list for CBT - so they better watch out :D

Piglet :flowers:

lildutt
14-03-07, 11:00
well done lin you go girl and just remeber god only give the people the crap who can cope hun
big well done
bellxx

wobily_lin
14-03-07, 11:49
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Karen ty..I know hun..Im glad ye find it helpful. u keep at it too eh lol..I'll give it my best shot I tell ye..hugs.xxx

Piglet..ty girlie..lol..waiting lists grrrrr..I waited over 2 n half yrs to get a referral to the MHT even tho I knew I needed it..but things hit crisis n guess what I got my referral lol...then staff shortages...I so hope you'res comes up soon...god help them lol...ty Trace again..hugz xxx

Bell me babe..ty hunni..'to those who can dope' lol...i dont know how I'm still here lol..but i know what ur saying and ty, ur the same xxx....All I can say it is it's time the crap stopped NOW for me..thing's r hard but somehow I have my determination in me from somewhere..that's how I got there..so this is my time and I'm gona use it.

hugs guys n ty for ur replies xxx

vagabond
14-03-07, 13:50
How many times you said to me 'Andrew - give yourself credit for getting there' Well Miss Linda....it is time to give yourself credit too.

I have heard you say so many times 'My cbt is coming up soon - and im determined to do it'

We do know that is a very good form of therapy....so, with courage and determination....i truly hope you make that progress that generally suprises most of us (one week cant leave the house - the next week - climbing Kilimanjaro mountain!)

So...good luck Miss Linda.....

P.s....wasnt it Adrian who said 'Rome wasnt built in a Day' - General Hirimhoto who said 'What the f**k was that (when he heard a big bang in 45) and Mickey Mouse who said 'Who wants a Ronald Regan watch!.

Well..........your saying will be......'Wtf, ffs, grrrrrrrrr, lol, this is too easy!'

nomorepanic
14-03-07, 14:12
Lin

Well done on going!

Fab news and I hope you will keep us updated each week on how it goes.

You have the determination to succeed so you will :yesyes:

trac67
14-03-07, 14:28
Lin,

You know I think you did brilliant, so many people would not have even attempted to leave the house, but you were so determined to get there and you did it, I was just on the end of the phone mate, you were the one walking (and swearing :blush: LOL) I was so proud of you when you said I am here, that made my day :D

Keep up the good work mate, and give your self a bloody great pat on the back, none of these wee ones you deserve it lol

Love

Trac xxx

wobily_lin
15-03-07, 08:35
AWWWWWWWWWWWW.

Tanx so so much god im wellin up here truely..

Trac I know it did it but ye got me there there...im so thankful for that...n now doubt will b more calls wit more swearing lmao...ur a star ty..xxx

Andrew lmao..so true..I have to learn to b kind to me..ty.

Nic I will keep ye posted, ty for ye kind words..yes I am determined..I know it won't b easy as have alot of crap ta sort out as well as my truama but ye know what..I'M GONA DO IT COS IM FED UP WIT HAVING THE CRAP ALL OF THE TIME..THIS IS MY TIME LOL..

ty so so much or ur support...hugs to u all...xxx

Antipodes
17-03-07, 17:49
Hiya Lin!!

I just caught up with your post. I think it's great you doing CBT and well done for getting through that first day. It is a great bit of learning you'll be doing and you will emerge much more the master of your PTSD (instead of the other way around). The people seemed really decent how they understood and helped you (Awwww). I can also see you've got some really nice friends here at NMP :-).

Just wanted to let you know I'm proud of you too :)

Jeff xx aka Antipodes

wobily_lin
18-03-07, 21:15
aww bro,
ty so so much, means so much ta hear from ya..I have ta give it me best shot..
luvs n hugs ta u n debi
luv
cyber sis
xxx

Lindalou64
19-03-07, 16:55
hey lin,
thats great hun even if ya did have the panic ya did it hun like andrew give yaself some credit girl,i know its hard to but we must your doing good and i pray you will continue, take care my friend wish ya the best, linda xxxx

Antipodes
26-03-10, 12:34
Hi Lin,

Well done for doing the CBT. It is a great process and is probably better than medications. I think CBT technique ought to be taught at school as it is a very useful life skill for all. I urge you to take it all in and enjoy the experience as best as you are able - once acquired they are skills you carry with you for the rest of your life - very useful.

I hope you are well Lin - it's been a long time since ...

Antipodes aka Phoenix(not)

cat_101
26-03-10, 18:21
hey posted a thread earlier on cbt, was wondering how effective it is for anxiety as i dont want to go on medication i have the number for a local organisation but have been too worried about calling it, not sure as i really want to get my life sorted out, it effects me everyday please help!

willitstop
09-04-10, 14:04
Well done you should be very proud of yourself :)