PDA

View Full Version : Have been doing better, by my HA has been kicking my tail as of late

shelzmike
28-05-16, 16:59
Have had GAD, "functional agoraphobia" (as I call it), panic attacks, and HA. For the most part my HA stays at bay unless I have actual symptoms - meaning, I no longer seek out problems, if you know what I mean. In most cases, I do fairly well at trying to ignore any symptom (not any severe issues though, of course) for a few weeks but after that the battle of the what if's and should I or shouldn't I go to the doctor (and possibly subject myself to unnecessary and expensive tests). It can be exhausting!

Well, I have been fighting a symptom/anxiety battle that the symptom seems to be winning as of late. And the weird thing is that it is SO HARD to explain! But I will try.

Oh before I do, my actual diagnoses are IBS, GERD, occasional gastritis and trapped gas. I take 150 mg x 2 Zantac every day.

So, a few weeks ago - I think perhaps about 3 weeks ago, I noticed a slight "tickling", very mild spasm or cramp feeling that is about 5 inches to the top right of my belly button, but it moves around a little in the same general area. You know how when you run, you sometimes get a "stitch" in your ribs, side? Like a crampy, tickling feeling? It is like that only on a scale of 1-10, with the stitch being an 8, this feeling is maybe a 1 or 2. It is not really a pain at all..and it is not in my ribs or side - its just that similar feeling, on a much smaller scale.

I noticed it after doing some work in the basement and thought maybe I pulled a muscle or something so I tried to ignore it and see if it went away. Over the course of the past few weeks it has come and gone...or perhaps my noticing of it has come and gone. I can go hours without noticing it at all, but if I do notice it, the worry sets in and it is all I can think about UGH!

Movement doesn't make it hurt worse or less, though taking a deep breath or twisting at my waist to the left does make it a little more noticeable. Eating always usually makes me bloated and it is more noticeable then. If I have the feeling more pronounced and pass gas or have a bowel movement it does seem to lessen it.

Pressing on the area doesn't illicit any pain or make it better or worse, in fact, laying down it disappears mostly. It hasn't gotten worse over the few weeks. My appetite is normal, no fever, fatigue, or the like. Bowel movements are normal and regular for me - BUT IT IS STILL THERE!

I know that no one here (well, perhaps there are some?) is a doctor, but just wanted to talk with out with some of you as I am at that point where I am debating and losing the anxiety battle in my head more and more each day it doesn't go away. I will be needing to go to the doctor for a regular checkup in about 30 days so I am debating on continuing to wait or going in? I mean, my reasonable mind is telling me that it is nothing that is a big deal and as long as it doesn't get worse or start causing pain or other symptoms appear I should just wait it out. But my anxious mind is thinking OMG OMG, it's not going away, what if this and what if that, thinking of terrible scenarios, etc. Could this possibly be all in my head!? Thanks for listening.

Mike

Annie0904
28-05-16, 17:03
It sounds to me like it is related to ibs and probably just trapped wind.

shelzmike
28-05-16, 17:39
I'm sort of leaning that way also, but what's throwing me is that it is lingering for a few weeks. I suppose it's possible I have developed some diverticulosis, but I thought those formed more on the left.

Annie0904
28-05-16, 17:57
I can get pain lasting for weeks with ibs. Sometimes a gentle massage helps (I guess it helps move things around).
If you are really concerned then mention it to your doctor but it does sound like ibs.