PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica was my worst experience ever

gonzosattic
29-05-16, 04:05
I'm sure it has helped a lot of people but it had a terrible effect on me.
I felt constantly dizzy for 3 weeks and like all my nerve endings were raw. Swollen tummy too. I'm not the kind of guy that would ever contemplate suicide but Lyrica for some reason reacted so bad with me I thought getting hit by a bus may have been the only solution. After 3 weeks of trying to hold on and hoping the symptoms would go away and didn't, I found out I couldn't just stop taking it because it was so addictive. Took a week and a half to taper off, would normally take longer but doctor was worried that staying on longer was putting me at risk. Lots of sweats and painful stomach while coming off but now I'm finally free. I heard it is banned in the USA and over there they approve almost anything that can be swallowed, if it's true and it wouldn't surprise me then why has it been approved in UK? Anyone had success on it or was it just a reaction I had?

hanshan
29-05-16, 05:46
Hi Gonzosattic,

Sorry to hear about your experience with pregabalin - none of these meds are perfect for everyone. Many posters to NMP have found pregabalin to be helpful.

Pregabalin is not banned in the US. I don't know where you heard this - always do a quick web search to check the accuracy of any information you see posted. In fact, it's a big seller for Pfizer in the US, with about $2.5 billion annual sales in the US, and $5 billion annual sales worldwide.

http://www.pmlive.com/pharma_news/pfizer_maintains_lead_in_top_cns_drug_sales_-_just_734480