PDA

View Full Version : Scared of getting tested for diabetes?

DrG00GLE
29-05-16, 15:51
Hi all, I recently was treating my athletes foot and in between two of my toes was a crack that kind of hurt. I thought this was nothing but I told my dad and he said he thinks it's diabetes. (He has diabetes for 10 years) My dad is a hypochondriac (he's afraid of small dogs lmao) but it still got me worried because I also had two other symptoms. 1 is that if I dont eat food for a while I'll start getting shaky and dizzy. This has happened for a couple years. My other one is that when I look at a wall I see white spots appear on the wall. I dont know if this has to do with PVD but I'm convinced.
However, I don't understand how I could because I've always been underweight 13 y/o (5 foot, 102 pounds) and I am certainly pretty active as I play soccer and do all sorts of school activities.
My ultimate question is, does anyone have symptoms like this, are the spots in my vision serious, and am I going to become diabetic.

Also for some reason I don't have the main symptoms like my dad did (he felt tired no matter if he slept or not, and he had to urinate 3 times a night) but I still feel like I have diabetes.

---------- Post added at 14:51 ---------- Previous post was at 14:46 ----------

Also, I don't really care for most of the things that come with diabetes, except retinopathy. For the past two weeks I've been scared I'd go blind with these "freckles in my eyes" and now I have an increased chance. Would rather die then go blind.