PDA

View Full Version : Help needed!!!!!

Audi
29-05-16, 17:22
Can anybody tell me whether its ocd or normal perfectionism????

Sometimes i feel ok with the scratches on my watch.... but sometimes i just couldnt accept it and obsess with it and i will have urges of selling it off and get another new pieces....whenever i get a new pieces i felt relived and when the scratches appear again i feel like selling it off again.

swgrl09
30-05-16, 02:47
There are so many more factors involved in OCD than just being bothered with scratches on a watch. Without any more information about you or what you are experiencing, there is not enough for that diagnosis.

MyNameIsTerry
30-05-16, 04:40
As someone who has been speaking to you about various themes in your anxiety for a few months, I would say that OCD is very likely. Obviously, only a medical professional can say for sure (and that rules out many GP's in the UK :winks:) but as an OCD sufferer, I would say OCD rather than Perfectionism in itself. For a start, you have harm based intrusive thoughts too and those don't relate to Perfectionism like your watch scenarios.

Audi
01-06-16, 19:07
Yes... if it was a perfectionism i would have bother over it all the time...but this seems to be on and off...sometimes i m ok with it..but sometimes i cannot accept... although in my heart i wish that i could accept all this flaw... but sometimes my mind just couldnt get that off

---------- Post added at 18:07 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Well.... too much perfectionism also consider ocd????

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-16, 04:47
I think even with perfectionism, there would be highs & lows with it as anxiety would make it harder to say no to a fault.

The thing is though, perfectionism is a trait within OCD and a medical professional would not only look at that but at the presence of obsessive-compulsive cycles of behaviour and the fact it is disrupting the person's life.

OCD can also be accounted for in other disorder e.g. a depression diagnosis is possible in some manuals because things like intrusive thoughts can be seen in depression too. So, they look to see what is the most important diagnosis along with all the other symptoms.