PDA

View Full Version : Upping dosage?

SammyJae
29-05-16, 22:04
Hi all,
I've been on Citalapram for about 4 years and although it helps with my anxiety it doesn't stop it, is that normal or should I be "normal" on the meds? I'm due a review with my GP and I'm not sure if I should ask about upping my dose (I'm on 20mg daily)
It definitely helps as my OH knows straight away if I've missed a dose as I become irritable and aggressive but day to day I'm still very anxious and I'm not sure that's normal!
Any advice would be appreciated :)

Victory2016
30-05-16, 11:29
Hi!!! It sounds like you might need your dose increased. The meds may or might not take away all your anxiety as you to have to work on other means in your life to try to reduce the anxiety.

I am just about 8 weeks on 20mg and my anxiety levels are very low now and I am expecting it to decrease even more as the weeks go on.

mark84
30-05-16, 16:12
It's difficult to say, as with any medication you'll never stop anxiety without turning yourself in to some kind of zombiefied state!
You could try 30 and see, but don't expect to be free of anxiety- it is of course a natural feeling, to an extent.