PDA

View Full Version : Awake most of the night

Becky2785
30-05-16, 09:26
Didn't sleep much last night due to thoughts of what if AGAIN. Mostly about suicide which I would never dream of doing anyone else that can relate to this I've all kinds of thoughts. The thing that bothered me most this time is that my anxiety wasn't as high as normal when I get thoughts which freaked me out even more

Any advice/help welcomed

Mojo61
30-05-16, 09:59
Hi Becky. Sorry to hear you are still having problems with the intrusive thoughts. Are you having any CBT or counselling to help you deal with this?

Becky2785
30-05-16, 10:04
Hi mojo I'm waiting to hear about.some I've been ok most of the week been able to handle them just last night they went overtime on me don't no if it has anything to my period as that visited this morning. Only on day 15 so prob still early days have to take the good with the bad I suppose the thoughts just get me down especially ones like suicide as I no its something I fear just wanted to no I was not alot e and that others felt like this too

Mojo61
30-05-16, 17:55
Once you start the CBT you will learn the techniques needed to calm yourself down and rationalise things. It has been a revelation to me and really helps me understand the relationship between our thoughts and our physical symptoms, and how one drives the other. Once you have control of your thoughts the battle is halfway over

Becky2785
30-05-16, 18:16
Can't wait to start it and get rid of them forever thanks mojo

Mojo61
30-05-16, 19:39
I was skeptical to be honest, but it is really helping me. It is such a shame that there is such a long wait on the NHS (I waited over 4 months!) because I think the earlier someone with anxiety starts the better it is. Once you've been suffering for months with debilitating symptoms you are so deeply entrenched in your misery that it makes it all that much harder to find enough energy and courage to do the work involved in CBT. I sometimes wonder if it is a deliberate ploy by the NHS to deny those most in need, in the hope that by the time an appointment comes around they have either recovered....or given up :(

Becky2785
30-05-16, 20:28
I've been waiting 5 weeks now and although I went to the doctors last week she said I need to see someone sooner because of the thoughts I was getting I had a phone call on Thursday from a therapist and she said 4 weeks just for a telephone assessment I couldn't believe it takes so long I've already had an assessment with another therapist was on the phone for an hour while I was at work. So hopefully will get a call soon as the doc was writing a letter for me to be seen quicker

Thanks for all the info mojo it does put my mind doing at rest. still need to stop googling tho that's another habit

Mojo61
30-05-16, 20:30
Oh yes, that is absolutely the WORST thing you can do!!!

Becky2785
30-05-16, 20:34
I no it is on the days wen I feel ok I don't tend to Google as much but days like today when I need reassurance I google more especially about the intrusive thoughts

Mojo61
30-05-16, 20:54
And what did Dr Google tell you?

Becky2785
30-05-16, 22:32
Always the worst case scenario haven't googled anything for around 4 hours that's a start back to work tomorrow so no googling all day hope fully a good day z

danithegirl
01-06-16, 16:10
Google is the worst. I mean, aside from bringing me to this site. :)